Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Kyle Larson new series

Hummm, He and Brad Sweet are starting another sprint car series. Supposedly they are not going to schedule against the woo or all stars. Kyle made the comment there is a lot of money now available for the slm guys. I wonder what this means as far as him running the Rumley #6.

This reminds me of lernerville going over to lucas and wrg late models scheduling the same date. There platinum guys are not allowed to race elsewhere but Sweet has already said he will be at the dates for the new series.

I'll say it, as soon as they release a schedule for 2023, wrg has conflicting dates.

So over the last year + let's say. The slm field is nothing to brag about. Mark Richards says bye.

Let's hear from the great DOD reporters, who did wrg kick out of bed this time. Oh I forgot they think wrg are gods.

Thumbs up

Seen this earlier this afternoon. Here's what i post on the Indiana Open Wheel forum website.
    Looks like the Lincoln Park Speedway in Putnamville, Indiana has the first race on Tuesday, August 16th, 2022.
    Pretty cool if you ask me. Looks like Kyle Larson and his brother-in-law Brad Sweet took notice of the late model side of thing and got this idea going.
    -

KYLE LARSON AND BRAD SWEET TO PROMOTE NEW, MID-WEEK SPRINT CAR SERIES IN 2023.

HIGH LIMIT SPRINT CAR SERIES

Series Website
    https://www.highlimitracing.com/

SERIES PRESS RELEASE
    https://www.highlimitracing.com/anno...VS5wYxRRtd3Jgo

- - - - -

Includes Lincoln Park Speedway in Putnamville, Indiana

Lincoln Park Speedway press Release.

LINCOLN PARK SPEEDWAY (PUTNAMVILLE, IND.) TO HOST SPECIAL KICK-OFF EVENT IN AUGUST (Kick Off August 16, 2022)
    MOORESVILLE, N.C. (July 13, 2022) – Kyle Larson, the defending NASCAR Cup Series champion, Kings Royal winner and Knoxville Nationals champion, has partnered with three-time defending World of Outlaws Series Champion Brad Sweet to launch a new sprint car series in 2023. The High Limit Sprint Car Series will feature a 12-race schedule with mid-week races paying as high as $50,000-to-win.
    High Limit will feature Larson and other top 410 sprint car drivers from around the world battling for industry-leading purses. Of the 12 events, two marquee events are planned to feature a $50,000-to-win and $140,000 total purse. The other ten events will pay $23,000-to-win and $80,000 in total purse. Plus, the series offers an end of the year points fund totaling $120,000.
    “Our mission is to help sprint car racing become bigger and better,” said Larson. “The High Limit Sprint Car Series will not only create more opportunities for sprint car drivers to race mid-week shows for big money, but also give dirt track fans more great racing to attend. They can watch live or on-demand too, thanks to FloRacing. I’m very excited to get it started.”
    FloRacing, a premiere live streaming platform for motorsports, will provide live streaming coverage of the High Limit Sprint Car Series, which will compete at dirt track venues across the United States on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday nights. FloRacing is part of FloSports, a leading sports streaming and original content platform featuring over 25 vertical sports categories.
    While dates and venues for the inaugural 2023 season will be announced at a later date, a special kick-off event – the High Limit Open – will take place Tuesday, August 16th at Lincoln Park Speedway in Putnamville, Ind. with live streaming coverage provided by FloRacing. The High Limit Open will offer a $70,000 total event purse with $22,022-to-win. Larson leads what is expected to be an exciting, highly competitive field in the #57 Finley Farms entry owned by Silva Motorsports. Further entries will be announced as they come in.
    Starting today, general admission tickets for the High Limit Open are available on the Ticket Hoss mobile app powered by PitPay (download link: gettickethoss.com/l0n). Advance general admission tickets are $35 for adults and $15 for children ages 6-12. Adult tickets rise to $40 at the gate on race day, kids prices will stay the same. Admission is free for children ages 5 and under.
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 07-13-2022 at 06:35 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

14-minute video of the announcement from Brad Sweet & Kyle Larson's in Eldora Speedway's media center with a bunch of questions from the media.

https://www.floracing.com/video/7902...oh1YBraDQBzA70
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

And I thought this was a late model forum page?

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    And I thought this was a late model forum page?
    But this contains news about The G.O.A.T .

Great addition for sprint cars. It is similar to the Flo Night at the Races for late models.

Fox, it is a late model forum. But, when you have someone as talented as kyle larson that by the way does drive the longhorn of Kevin Rumley on occassion. It makes you wonder how much dust is going to accumulate on the 6 car by sitting there. Kyle's schedule is not like anyone else out there. I really don't think Kevin minds if the car sits and he will wait for when the schedule permits so that larson can drive it. It's become obvious if you look at the sponsors on the 6 car. That's Kyle's car and when he gets that open date you'll see him, end of story I guess. So in this post you can say kyle is a slm driver that's starting a 12 week sprint car schedule. Happy ?

Hoosier thanks for posting, I didn't see any of that because I think this is huge news for sprint car racing.

No harm- no foul, I knew your intent.
    You know under Dirt late models it says “ any press releases or advertisements will be delegated.”
    That’s a joke in itself.

Correction- “ deleted” Instead of delegated

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Hummm, He and Brad Sweet are starting another sprint car series. Supposedly they are not going to schedule against the woo or all stars. Kyle made the comment there is a lot of money now available for the slm guys. I wonder what this means as far as him running the Rumley #6.

This reminds me of lernerville going over to lucas and wrg late models scheduling the same date. There platinum guys are not allowed to race elsewhere but Sweet has already said he will be at the dates for the new series.

I'll say it, as soon as they release a schedule for 2023, wrg has conflicting dates.

So over the last year + let's say. The slm field is nothing to brag about. Mark Richards says bye.

Let's hear from the great DOD reporters, who did wrg kick out of bed this time. Oh I forgot they think wrg are gods.
    The Lernerville date used to be sacred as far as scheduling conflicts when it was a WOO date. Several years ago Lucas scheduled on top of them and the flood gates opened. Know what you're talking about when making posts like this.

lots of words to say flo is starting a sprint car series with a kyle larson endorsement

My guess in 2023 is ---- you will still see Kyle run the #6 Rumley DLM car on the midweek Flo races, about 12 races, and a few other special events. Same deal for the #47 Silva sprint car. That in itself could be 30+/- races combined, all midweek with no NASCAR conflicts.

Interesting thought, we’ll see if the DLM and sprint car schedules conflict.
    Last edited by lurker; 07-14-2022 at 07:19 AM.

Kyle just wants to race…..the rest of it is BS.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Does anyone remember Kevin Rumleys response after their last WoO race? He didn't sound like they would be in any hurry to race a WoO event.
    Last edited by Highside Hustler25; 07-14-2022 at 08:27 AM.
    8/13/16

What was the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    What was the issue?
    He was pulling double duty at the Bristol race and was a minute late to staging. Sent him to the tail and Kevin was miffed.
    8/13/16

Kyle also says he isn’t running the Chili Bowl

HH25
    Thanks for the answer- I can see Rumley’s point.

Fly,

I’m not so sure I have ever seen that in print, that he is 100% missing (boycotting) the CB. His exact words that is. Here is another thread about it. https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/sho...d.php?t=120684

Lurker, you can't believe everything on the net but I've read where Kyle did say to the media that he was not planning on competing. And it was about $. He feels as much as it has grown, the purse has not.
    8/13/16