FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

July 14, 2022

Tanner English Victorious at Highland Speedway for $10,000; Jumps Back on WOOLMS Trail!

(NORRIS CITY, ILLINOIS) Benton, Kentucky ace Tanner English secured his second DIRTcar Summer Nationals victory of the 2022 season on Saturday night, July 9 at Highland Speedway in Highland, Illinois! Tanner knocked down the quickest lap in his group during the qualifying session before claiming a heat race victory. After drawing the fourth starting spot before the drop of the green flag in the 50-lap headliner, Tanner ran strong early in the feature distance prior to grabbing the top spot on the 34th circuit. He then drove away from the talented field to capture the $10,000 payday over a top five that included runner-up Shannon Babb, Jason Feger, Bobby Pierce, and Rusty Schlenk!

Teammate Jack Riggs also returned to action on Saturday evening, but at Fairbury Speedway in downtown Fairbury, Illinois. In the $3,500 to win special for the Super Late Models, Jack timed in twenty-eighth fastest overall during qualifying and later finished tenth in his heat race and eleventh in the B-Main. Unfortunately, he was not able to find a way into the A-Main that was eventually won by Mckay Wenger. Complete results from both Highland and FALS can be viewed online by clicking on www.dirtcarsummernationals.com and www.fairburyspeedway.com.

“Thanks to Riggs Motorsports and everyone associated with our team for believing in me,” quoted English this week. “It ended up being a pretty good show at Highland the other night. I just knew if I bided my time early in the race that they would use their stuff up and I could get rolling late in the distance. That’s kind of how it worked out and we stretched the lead out on them a little bit at the end. Hopefully, this gives us some good momentum, as we get back on the Outlaws deal this upcoming weekend in the Upper Midwest!”

Fresh off the big win, Tanner is set to rejoin the World of Outlaws Case Construction Late Model Series this weekend (July 15-17) in a trio of $10,000 to win shootouts in the states of North Dakota, Minnesota, and Wisconsin. Coming into the tripleheader third in the national series point standings, Tanner will invade River Cities Speedway in Grand Forks, North Dakota on Friday, I-94 Speedway in Fergus Falls, Minnesota on Saturday, and Red Cedar Speedway in Menomonie, Wisconsin on Sunday.

Jack Riggs and his #81J team will be in the Land of Lincoln on July 15-16, as they have their sights set on competing at both Farmer City Raceway in Farmer City, Illinois and Fairbury Speedway in Fairbury, Illinois. The DIRTcar Summer Nationals will roll into Farmer City on Friday evening to preside over a $10,000 to win program. Jack will then vie for the $2,500 top prize in a “FALS Cup’ show on Saturday at Fairbury. More information on each of these races can be accessed by logging onto www.woolms.com, www.dirtcarsummernationals.com, and www.fairburyspeedway.com.

Riggs Motorsports would like to thank the following group of sponsors and partners for their continued support: Riggs Drilling Solutions, Haas Horizontal, Best One Tire & Auto Care, Lents Towing & Recovery, Seay Motors, Holbrook Metal Fabrication, Base Racing Fuel, Allstar Performance, XR1 Rocket Chassis, Slicker Graphics, Wiles Racing Driveshafts, Swift Springs, Hoosier Racing Tires, Pro Power Racing Engines, Jay D1ckens Racing Engines, Budda Bert Transmissions, Speedwerx, Peterson Fluid Systems, Performance Rod & Custom (PRC), Performance Bodies, Multi-Fire Spark Plug Wires, Winning Edge Carburetion, Hooker Harness, Wilwood Engineering, QuickCar Racing Products, Impact Race Gear, and Peterson Fluid Systems.

Keep up with Riggs Motorsports all year long by logging onto www.RiggsMotorsports81.com or follow the team on social media – Facebook @RiggsMotorsports, Twitter @rmsports81, and Instagram @jasonriggs81.

Media Contact: Ryan Delph - Delph Communications
www.delphcommunications.com