Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dohm/Putnam @ Richmond

I like Zack, but he went gonzo last night — on and off the track, and on Facebook too. I just watched the replay on Flo and I can’t see where Putnam did anything dirty to cause Dohm to do what he did to the 212. Looked like a clean pass to me. I only watched the feature though. Did something happen in the heats between these two? I figured Zack just had a heat of the moment deal, but then he went off on Facebook too. What did I miss?

Putnam ruffles a lot of feathers but I didn't think he did anything too crazy last night. He kinda rooted his way down to the bottom a little bit on Dohm but I didn't think it was overly aggressive.

I like Dohm but he called Putnam "midpack at best" and that just isn't true. He wins local races and often runs top 5 or wins regional races.
    Last edited by jr29; 07-17-2022 at 09:29 AM.

Thumbs up

TerryM

I saw that Facebook post as well on my way home from Fairbury. I'd say he went a little overboard on his post. Going bonkers might be the correct term.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

We’ve seen Putnam several times down here in our area. He’s fun to watch. Don’t think I’ve ever seen him do anything dirty. And he’s definitely not a mid pack guy. He’s a future star IMO.

Oh, he's pulled some moves where I would understand a wall stuffing in return. I'm just not sure last night was one of those moves.

It started with Linville. Linville elbowed him on the start and when Putnam got back to him he elbowed him back and Linville drove like a moron in attempt to get back to him.

Putnam did clear himself on that restart but it’s kind of a necessary evil at Richmond. Dohm didn’t have to blatantly mow him down because he did it. Some of these guys feel like they’re entitled to run up front, and when a new guy shows up and takes it from him, they end up bullying the new guy.

Josh Putnam isn’t part of the whole Dohm, Linville, rice, and Moran buddy club, so he don’t even get the courtesy of being raced hard, he just gets turned. Kinda toxic if you ask me.

In the last year or so I’ve now seen Dohm lose it last night with Putnam and last year with Fergy. Both times running to Facebook. What a idiot.

Facebook,lol…….internet’s ”meet me behind the gym after school”.

High school was fun.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

BBQ
    Exactly right!
    A big part of what’s wrong with our Society now. Too many people are addicted to it!

I was not at the race, but I did see the video where Dohm turned Putnam and on race results both were DQED so why was Putnam dqed ?

Not sure why but people these days need attention. Those "look at me" sites survive because people need that attention. I am convinced that if social media was banned, 75% of society would just kill right over.

Quote Originally Posted by castone View Post
    I was not at the race, but I did see the video where Dohm turned Putnam and on race results both were DQED so why was Putnam dqed ?
    They both got out of their cars on the track is what the announcer said….

Default Foxfire

That and the Facebook commando’s know they never have to show up behind the gym and can chirp and type with impunity…….

I would say you probably need to look at the person behind his social media accounts. His wife is the first one to be confrontational and overly dramatic.

Isn't Putnam the one who had a little dust up with Jake Hawkins at Beckley a couple weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    Isn't Putnam the one who had a little dust up with Jake Hawkins at Beckley a couple weeks ago.
    Yes. He's had dustups with quite a few drivers.

If Dohm wants to be mad I kinda get it, but acting like Putnam isn't fast is just silly. He just won in eastern Kentucky last month racing against cars that Dohm runs with pretty often. He runs top 5 all the time. Just look at the events on his website.

One fan posted that that race was suppose to be in-between rice and dohm, putnam messed it up. That race is owned by 4 regional drivers, stay away everyone, it is their turf.......I Googled dohm and all of the writeups was about his doping. He did not think that they would sample the left rear tire also.

I found it ironic Garrett Smith was on the post talking about Putnam being dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
    One fan posted that that race was suppose to be in-between rice and dohm, putnam messed it up. That race is owned by 4 regional drivers, stay away everyone, it is their turf.......I Googled dohm and all of the writeups was about his doping. He did not think that they would sample the left rear tire also.
    OK there Homer

Putnam has been running into cars (and fists) for over a decade. He’s always been ready to use all eight tires at all times. Last few years he has gotten better and seemed to chill a bit, but seems to be making friends again as of late.

He’s no future star, he’s no scrub. He’s a solid regional race car driver.