Rocket1 Racing Rounds Out Week with Podium in the CMH Diamond Nationals
Next on Tap: Huset’s Speedway and I-80 Speedway

SHINNSTON, W.Va. (07/18/22) – Rocket1 Racing and Brandon Sheppard rounded out a busy week with a podium finish on Saturday night in the CMH Diamond Nationals in the Valvoline / Seubert Calf Ranches No. 1 Ace Metal Works / XR1 Rocket Chassis / Durham Racing Engine Super Late Model.

The team was able to end things on a strong note after a frustrating start to the weekend.

“After going back to West Virginia to build a new car, we returned to action on Thursday night at I-70 (Motorsports Park) with a really fast hot rod. We looked to be on the way to the win, but a mechanical failure knocked us out with two laps to go. It was really deflating,” Sheppard said. “We were pretty good on Friday at Tri-City (Speedway) and got a Top-5 finish, and then we rounded things with a podium finish on Saturday at Wheatland (Lucas Oil Speedway).

“We’re looking forward to racing for the first time at Husets (Speedway) on Tuesday night, and then we’re gearing up for a run at another Silver Dollar Nationals title. Last but not least, I can’t say enough about this team and how hard they are working right now. They are giving 110% effort 24/7, and it’s awesome to see.”

Rocket1 Racing returned with the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series (LOLMDS) on Thursday afternoon with Brandon Sheppard piloting a brand-new Rocket Chassis Super Late Model at the newly reopened I-70 Motorsports Park (Odessa, Mo.).

After picking up the Allstar Performance Fast Time honors with a 15.4780-second lap in time trials, Sheppard topped Tim McCreadie in his heat race to pick up the win. Starting on the pole for the feature, Brandon stole the lead from Jimmy Owens on lap 12 and looked to have the field covered when he slowed as he was coming to the white flag with engine issues. He was credited with a 13th-place finish.

The following night at Tri-City Speedway (Granite City, Ill.) for the NAPA Know How 50, Brandon followed up a runner-up finish in his heat race with an eighth-to-fifth showing in the 50-lap feature.

On Saturday evening at Lucas Oil Speedway (Wheatland, Mo.) for the CMH Diamond Nationals, Sheppard secured his spot into the $15,000-to-win weekend finale with a second-place finish in his heat.

Rolling off on the fourth row, Brandon moved forward four spots in the 50-lap affair to register a third-place finish. He followed Johnny Scott and Jimmy Owens to the checkers.

Brandon sits in second in the latest LOLMDS point standings.

For the latest series standings and complete results from the events, please visit www.LucasDirt.com .
The upcoming week of Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series (LOLMDS) competition starts on Tuesday at Husets Speedway (Brandon, S.D.) with a $10,000-to-win program. From there the team rolls into I-80 Speedway (Greenwood, Neb.) on Thursday night for the Dirt Track Bank Go 50, which posts a $12,000 winner’s check. Then on Friday and Saturday the 12th annual Imperial Tile Silver Dollar Nationals comes to life with a finale headlined by a $53,000-to-win finale.

For more information on this week’s events, please visit www.i-80speedway.com .

Rocket1 Racing would like to thank all of their marketing partners, which include Valvoline, Seubert Calf Ranches, Rocket Chassis, Ace Metal Works, Durham Racing Engines, Five Star RaceCar Bodies, Gunters Honey, Hoosier Racing Tire, Integra Racing Shocks, Keyser Manufacturing, Petroff Towing, Slavic Custom Racing Shirts & Decals, Sweet Manufacturing, VP Racing Fuels, Accu-Force Shock Service, ATL Fuel Cells, Aurora Rod Ends, Barnes Dry Sump Oil Systems, Bazell Race Fuels, Beyea Custom Headers, Brown & Miller Racing Solutions, Brinn Transmissions, Cometic Gasket, COMP Cams, CP Carrillo, Dohm Cycles, Edelbrock, Fibreworks Composites, Hardrock Powder Coating, Howe Racing Enterprises, Jones Racing Products, Kenny’s Components, Maxima Racing Oils, MSD, NGK Spark Plugs, Tel Tac, Performance Bodies, Peterson Fluid Systems, Powers Performance, Performance Rod & Custom, Quarter Master, QuickCar Racing Products, Rocket Pre-Owned Motors, Safecraft, Show Trucks Unlimited, Simpson, Stealth Carburetors, Strange Oval, Suave Talk, Total Power Valvoline Pro-V Racing, Walker Performance Filtration, Weld Racing, Wiles Driveshafts, Wilwood Brakes, Winters Performance Products, Wrisco Aluminum, Xceldyne Valvetrain, and MyRacePass Marketing Services.

For the latest information on Rocket1Racing please visit the team website at www.Rocket1Racing.com as well as their social media channels at www.facebook.com/Rocket1Racing, www.twitter.com/Rocket1_Racing, and www.instagram.com/rocket1racing .