Default 18! LOLMDS at husets tuesday 7-19-22

i was really hoping for a full field...yes i know its tuesday and there arent alot of open lm's in south dakota and its only a $10k win race purse which means less than a $1000 to start.

maybe in 2023 it will be better?
    Everybody Love Everybody!
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

Quote Originally Posted by ftfiowa View Post
    i was really hoping for a full field...yes i know its tuesday and there arent alot of open lm's in south dakota and its only a $10k win race purse which means less than a $1000 to start.maybe in 2023 it will be better?
    Gas prices, tire prices, inflation, car counts seem to be down at a lot of touring races. Not worth it when you don’t feel you can compete to win I assume. Sucks to see but things cost so much at this time
    Fan of anyone not named Bloomquist or Shirley

Been to Husets couple times for sprint cars. Truthfully I didn’t expect it to race well with late models, seems tight. But the first heat race was entertaining. It’s 2022, diesel fuel is over $5 a gallon, wonder if concern about trashing a car right before I80 kept some away.
    I hate time trials.

A lot of teams will forego tonight to have their stuff clean and straight for 3 nights at I-80 as well.

Some good racing nonetheless. I'm glad I tuned in.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJet-09 View Post
    Some good racing nonetheless. I'm glad I tuned in.
    That looked like fun!

The feature was a good one. I did laugh at James Essex, when right before the feature, he said what an excellent crowd was there tonight...looked pretty light in my opinion. Even the top five drivers all made comments wishing more fans were there to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    The feature was a good one. I did laugh at James Essex, when right before the feature, he said what an excellent crowd was there tonight...looked pretty light in my opinion. Even the top five drivers all made comments wishing more fans were there to watch.
    They mentioned early in the show the track has a TON of seats so doesn't look like many people there. Just lots of room to spread out.

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    Bigger crowd they said than the USAC race this year

Husets delivered. Very racy track for the feature.

18 cars but they did put on a very good feature. The Tri-State series put on a good companion event feature as well.

Huset's is a very very nice facility. Seems everyone voiced those opinions (sometimes to the point where it seemed coached up). The nut to crack is that it is big time sprint car country. I would say the audition of Huset's went much better than the audition of I-70 (which still deserves a chance to get it right).
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.

19 cars..........

The race was pretty good though.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Quality over quantity always

Entertaining show for a short field but it's always fun to watch the pros like McCreadie, Marlar, Sheppard, etc. work through the field without a scratch on their cars.

Then there was Thornton, who was darned fast but seemed like he had watched a loop of that Illinois guy bouncing off the walls until the back of his car looked like hamburger and finally said enough with two to go.

That was a darn good race. RTJR had a fast car, he just couldn't keep it off the wall, only shows you tear up the body like that and lose aero your done. Sheppard's car after the feature had the rear deck all bent out of shape. I just can't figure out why on restarts he loses 2 to 3 positions and has to dig and claw his way back. I thought when he had the inside behind tmac on that last restart we where going to see something, he went from 2nd to 5th.

Unlike some of the constant negative naysayers who always complain from their at home keyboards, i go to races live and see more than the camera shows. With that being said - Husets is one of the nicest joints I’ve been blessed to attend and the racing was excellent. Anyone with a brain can figure why car count was a little low but big numbers don’t always equal better racing. Crowd was actually quite larger than i expected for Tuesday in sprint car country. Stands hold a bunch and was all spread out. Had a blast and really enjoyed the place. Very racy and will be back.

I'm not bashing the track at all. The aerial view of a empty parking lot and scantily spaced fans in the stands pretty much summed it up no matter what James Essex kept saying during the show. He also said there was a sprint car race 20 min. away so that explains a lot. Even the post race comments by the top 5 subtlety told ya that the stands were not very full.
    The facility looked fantastic and the track was racey. The heats were even good and that's a rarity. Could be a nice replacement.
    8/13/16