Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Anybody that blames that on Winger is an idiot. How many times did 51 run him off the track before that.

Quote Originally Posted by lightningfast View Post
    Winger has a brake pedal he chose not to use it. He had already ran over Millwood took him out. I've seen many go over the backstretch at Phenix city. At some point you have to lift or just take the consequences.
    This track is completely different than EAMS. Phenix city has about 15 feet of perfectly flat area at the top that isn't off camber. I75 looks to be way off camber and steep. Going off there is definitely alot more likely to end badly. I've passed guys at EAMS with all 4 off the track. Hell I've used it to make a bigger circle and carry momentum leaving 2. It's typical there.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    It was a joke.
    Gotcha!!!!

Ray Cook said no rough driving calls…… but a car flipped so they need to lower the droop rule to 45” 😂😂😂😂

The whole blaming the track for not having walls thing is as big a joke as the 51. If the place had walls Ashten would have needed a new from clip a couple times over from getting punted into the thing any of the multiple times it happened. 51 needs parked, pretty evident here.

Wasn’t a Winger fan yesterday and not one today, but glad he’s ok. That was big.

That being said I’d bet 51 hits something hard in the near future. They won’t let you fight anymore. Much better to do five figures worth of damage and possibly bring an innocent party into the equation at 100mph I suppose.

I'm ok with no walls at I-75, but as someone pointed out earlier... I would like to see a less steep banking off the racing line and more of a flat runoff area. Other cars have flipped there because of that, I assume that would help that situation some. As for the incident, Winger was officially the leader on lap 25 and was about 2-3 car lengths ahead of the 51 going into turn 1. At that point, he has the right to whatever line he wants to run being the leader. It's the 2nd place responsibility to try to complete a clean pass on the leader without wrecking.

Quote Originally Posted by manwplan View Post
    Can we stop with tracks that don't have outside walls? How many cars have we seen flip violently because they went over the egde?
    walls hurt way more ppl and cars than not. if there had been a wall he wouldve stopped instantly and thats not good

Couldn't quote it but post 42 was a good one.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by riddle28 View Post
    walls hurt way more ppl and cars than not. if there had been a wall he wouldve stopped instantly and thats not good
    Neither one is good. But I'd say flipping 4 times is worse than hitting a wall when he would have been a few feet from one. Ask Randy Weaver about going off EAMS.

You don’t give a car carrying that kind of lateral momentum that much run off space…….down hill!
    Had walls been there, maybe Ashton wouldn’t have been driving like a moron and jumping off track and launching himself back on.

His sliders were clean until the last one where he tried to park it on the 51’s nose. Tyler Erb and Bobby pierce do that trick all the time to get someone to hit the brakes and that’s a $hitty way to pass someone. It’s game on after that man.

However, seeing the lanky guy in the brown shirt take one on the chin and then seeing the other guy flip over Gary’s dirt bike and then hop on it and ride off had me rolling.

The track officials did a terrible job at getting there to break up the fight. Mack was a sitting duck in there

I often wonder what some of you are watching. It's like you're biased or something.

The 51 had that type of slider coming to him.

I am absolutely flabbergasted that some of you people are saying this was Winger's fault. I was watching it live also. "driving off the track and launching himself back on" "dirty sliders" What are you people smoking? He was forced off the track multiple times by the 51... what was he supposed to do, stop and bring out a caution and go to the tail? And the sliders were most definitely warranted the way 51 was running him all over the place. If this was anyone but the 51's fault, I've got some ocean front property for sale in Arizona.

Also, I HATE fighting at racetracks. Its typically just trashy, unneccesary, and not good for the sport. But if I was Ashton or any part of the 22 team I would have absolutely done the same thing in the situation last night.

Winger drove like he usually does. That’s why there are several drivers out there who can’t wait to punt Winger the first chance they get. Tanner English took care of it a couple months ago. Looks like it was McCarter’s turn this time lol. Who’s next in the Puntin’ Winger game?

And for the record, I love slidejobs and always will. I defend 90% of them. I’ve always defended them here and everywhere else. But Winger has made too many enemies in just a couple years racing at this level. He’s not going to get the benefit of the doubt, like most other drivers get. It looked like he basically scraped the leader’s nose multiple times last night. And not softly like some sliders. He was crossing his nose at full speed.

We’d be calling it a great race if Winger’s car hadn’t rolled over. Instead, everyone has to take a side lol. I love sports. 😬

Im really proud of I 75 ,The improvements to the track surface and configuration helped this place soo much.I said this a while back look for big things from this place!!!!!!!This is not a typical paper clip stop and go southern track.....Soooooooooooo this is why some of you are confused about those sliders ,You just do not see them alot down south......

Quote Originally Posted by RayCook53fan View Post
    I am absolutely flabbergasted that some of you people are saying this was Winger's fault. I was watching it live also. "driving off the track and launching himself back on" "dirty sliders" What are you people smoking? He was forced off the track multiple times by the 51... what was he supposed to do, stop and bring out a caution and go to the tail? And the sliders were most definitely warranted the way 51 was running him all over the place. If this was anyone but the 51's fault, I've got some ocean front property for sale in Arizona.

Also, I HATE fighting at racetracks. Its typically just trashy, unneccesary, and not good for the sport. But if I was Ashton or any part of the 22 team I would have absolutely done the same thing in the situation last night.
    I’m not saying fighting is the thing to do 90% of the time. It’s not. However in the scenario from last night I’m getting my pound of flesh some how some way. The less expensive and less dangerous way to myself and others is to just throw hands. Somebody goes home junked. Someone goes home with a bloody nose, but I guarantee it’s a lot closer to over than this thing is.

Quote Originally Posted by MRM View Post
    Neither one is good. But I'd say flipping 4 times is worse than hitting a wall when he would have been a few feet from one. Ask Randy Weaver about going off EAMS.
    It depends on how you hit the wall. And that wasn’t “flipping 4 times”. Sprint cars flip. Late models roll. Gently. After flipping 4 times, a sprint car driver doesn’t immediately exit his car, go into redneck rage, and attempt to fight everyone in sight.

And, ftr, most drivers I’ve ever talked to, preferred tracks with no walls (all things considered).

I counted 3 total rollovers. The announcer saw 7.
    8/13/16

TerryM....who cares if Winger has roughed up 30 driver this year ? Whatever he did to Tanner English has nothing to do with last night. Is Mack McCarter the DLM enforcer all of the sudden ?

I have never, ever liked Winger, but what happened to him last night was unacceptable.