Default No Fault Caution Rule

At what point does dirt late model racing need to look at using a fault based caution rule? Read the Dirt on Dirt article and Ray Cook said that McCarter wasn't DQ'd or even sent to the back last night - he pulled off because he misunderstood what was said on the Raceceiver. But if that isn't grounds for at least going to the back I don't know what is.

In one race;
    Milwood body slams Henderson
    Winger takes out Milwood
    McCarter drives Winger into the ditch

And I've seen a ton other situations where drivers use the no fault rule to their advantage. Does it reward dirty driving in a way? Does late model racing need to look at using a caution based rule to reign this in?

Quote Originally Posted by LM1M View Post
    At what point does dirt late model racing need to look at using a fault based caution rule? Read the Dirt on Dirt article and Ray Cook said that McCarter wasn't DQ'd or even sent to the back last night - he pulled off because he misunderstood what was said on the Raceceiver. But if that isn't grounds for at least going to the back I don't know what is.

In one race;
    Winger takes out Milwood

And I've seen a ton other situations where drivers use the no fault rule to their advantage. Does it reward dirty driving in a way? Does late model racing need to look at using a caution based rule to reign this in?
    At some point these series need to have a backbone and make calls. There are plenty of races out there, if drivers don't like it they can take their ball somewhere else.

For what its worth......WoO, Lucas and SAS all have rules to deal with rough driving. Cook's series only has a small rulebook on their website for tires, bodies, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by LM1M View Post

In one race;
    Winger takes out Milwood

Quite possibly. Still won't be cut and dry. 51 drove the exact same lap, every lap. I mean it was textbook. The problem is, you can't run your race if it involves shoving someone out of that line. When someone is actually there, you have to acknowledge that. But, some people will and are saying 51 ran his line so he did nothing wrong.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Pierce got sent to the rear for roughing up Unzicker this year. First time I've seen that called in quite a long time.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Rickyflyboy View Post
    Bobby has gotten away with it to many time. Thay finally had to do somthing. Sending him to the principles office now and then might do him some good? 邏
    I really don't think you are one to point out someone else not following rules!!

t cracks favorite rule, he is got the chrome horn coming to him SOON

USMTS penalizes the person who caused the caution. Doesn’t matter if you are a tour regular or not. Works great.

Quote Originally Posted by wfodirt66 View Post
    t cracks favorite rule, he is got the chrome horn coming to him SOON
    Too bad that nobody is going to be able to get close enough to him to use it ? ?

terbo will get close enuff this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by wfodirt66 View Post
    terbo will get close enuff this weekend
    Is he going run over top of him under the yellow flag like the cowardly move he pulled on poor young Bobby Pierce ? ?