Rio Grande Waste Services Becomes Title Sponsor of the Wild West Shootout
Mega Event Set for January 7, 8, 11, 13, 14, 15, 2023 at Vado Speedway Park

VADO, N.M. (July 20, 2022) — Larry Henk has been an active sponsor of the Wild West Shootout since 2019. His involvement and commitment have increased each and every year. Today event officials are proud to announce that Henk and Rio Grande Waste Services are now the title sponsor of the 2023 Wild West Shootout.

The red-hot racing action at FK Rod Ends Vado Speedway Park will now be titled the Rio Grande Waste Services Wild West Shootout presented by O’Reilly Auto Parts. The 17th running of the event spans January 7-15 at the state-of-the-art New Mexico oval.

“Rio Grande Waste Services is proud to be the title sponsor of this year’s event. Promoter Chris Kearns continues to build the Wild West Shootout each year and I want to support his efforts,” notes Rio Grande Waste Services president, Larry Henk. “My decision to sponsor the event was solidified with the move to Vado Speedway Park. Thanks to the hard of work of Royal and Jennifer Jones, I consider it to be one of the premier dirt track facilities in North America. Racing has always been a part of my family’s life so to be able to combine racing with Rio Grande Waste Services is a win/win.”

Thanks to support from Rio Grande Waste Services, as well as other great event marketing partners, over $70,000 has been added to the Super Late Model purses. The week now includes five $10,000-to-win programs (up from $5,000-to-win) along with an increased payout for the $25,000-to-win / $1,000-to-start finale.

As well as being the title sponsor for the event, Rio Grande Waste Services will once again sponsor many additional bonuses throughout the venue. In addition to increasing the purse, there will be a $1,000 bonus for the “Shock the Clock Challenge” to the overall Super Late Model Fast Time (in qualifying) and a $500 bonus for the “Hard Charger” Super Late Model for each of the six nights.

“I am thrilled to have Larry and Rio Grande Waste Services as the title sponsor of our event,” says event marketing director, Jason Babyak. “For 2023, they have now officially become title sponsor of the Wild West Shootout as they are equally excited to enter the markets in the Vado, Las Cruces, El Paso, and surrounding areas, and we are happy to assist.”

For more information on everything that Rio Grande Waste Services has to offer, please visit their online home at www.RioGrandeWaste.com .

The 2023 edition of the event will be held on January 7, 8, 11, 13, 14, and 15 at the state-of-the-art, 3/8-mile oval, situated conveniently on I-10 between Las Cruces and El Paso.

Over $320,000 in prize money will be on the line during the 17th Annual Rio Grande Waste Services Wild West Shootout presented by O’Reilly Auto Parts. The event includes six complete programs for three divisions.

Each night finds the Super Late Models presented by Black Diamond Race Cars, Mesilla Valley Transportation/ Border Tire Modifieds, and RHRSwag.com X-Mods presented by Barnett Harley Davidson competing in action.

Additionally, an open practice session is slated for both January 6 and January 10.

Last but not least, each division will compete for a miniseries point’s championship and accompanying point fund.

Additional details are currently being finalized. As information becomes available it will be posted at www.WildWestShootout.net.

The Rio Grande Waste Services Wild West Shootout presented by O’Reilly Auto Parts is made possible by Rio Grande Waste Services, O’Reilly Auto Parts, FK Rod Ends, Dirt Track Bank, Black Diamond Race Cars, Hoker Trucking, Penske Racing Shocks, Shaw Trucking, Schaeffer Oil, SportTruck RV, Nissan of Las Cruces, Rancho Milagro Racing, Eagle Moon Hemp, Top of the World Ranch, Mesilla Valley Transportation, Border Tire, RHR Racing Swag, Barnett Harley Davidson, Dirt Pro Grading & Padwork, Contractors & Developers (C&D) Bonding, Shocks by Hammer, Midwest Sheet Metal, Speedway Motors, VP Racing Fuel, Hoosier Racing Tires, Pro Power Engines, Beaver Stripes, Arizona Differential, Gorsuch Performance Solutions, Toste Construction, Sipes Tractor & Transport Service, Merry’s Home Furnishings, The Joie of Seating, Screven Motor Speedway, DirtDraft.com, and FloRacing.com.