Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I-80

It (Show-Me 100) is not just another Lucas Oil race. That is a ridiculous statement. It is clearly a crown jewel race.

#1 that was a racing deal, nothing more. #2 that think looked to be junk. If they have to clip it at rocket HQ the tape measures will be getting a work out.

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    It (Show-Me 100) is not just another Lucas Oil race. That is a ridiculous statement. It is clearly a crown jewel race.
    If you say so... When Lucas first took it over, it wasn't even close. I know they made it more days now and pay better, but that race definitely lost it's character as the race where you got a great payday for cracking the starting field.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

It ain't the same Show Me since the Gibsons retired. West Plains was always very well prepped and Don and Billie treated everyone from racer to fan superbly.

One year when I attended was suffering a painful knee problem and Billie took it on herself to transport me all over the joint in her golf cart for the entire weekend. An act of kindness that made a lasting impression on me.

The topless 100, show me 100, and hillbilly 100 aren’t what they once were. They’re still very big races but they’ve been passed by some other up and coming events such as the PDC, SDN, etc.