Thread: Swainsboro …

Default Swainsboro …

… is running seven classes tonight. And qualifying all of them. On a Sunday night.

In this heat ? There's not one good reason to do this. I guess the question is, Will the racers support this ?

Why Why Why Why do these Southern tracks feel the need to run so many support classes when a National or Regional touring series is on the schedule? Heck that is too many classes for me to sit though in the comfort of my living room watching on Flo. I just don't get the backgate mentality?

Just one of the reasons why we haven’t attended a show at Swainsboro in almost five years — despite it being one of our local tracks, and my wife’s home track. Her dad raced there, her aunt worked as a scorer there, her uncle Ollie was flagman there, and it’s a really nice facility. But way too many single file races around the bottom, and way too many nights of cars still on the track at 1:00 or 2:00am. Heck I’ve seen 5- and 6-year olds still racing on the kart track at 3:00am. And the crazy part is, the same fans and drivers support this year after year. I guess they just accept it instead of asking for improvements.

The RACERS want it and every track does it! NO one wants to "race" they just want to ride around!! A track could say they were drawing for positions and very few would show! It's a shame!!

Southernationals races that pay 10k: 5th place only gets $350 more than a 5k race.

6 classes, two of them ran B's, sportmods often had two B's, (100 cars total), no qual, start at 8PM, done by 10:30. Southern OK Speedway when Ronny Gould was promoting. It can be done. Difference between midwest and south is in the south you get 500 spectators for 5 grand to win, north its 5000 spectators for 500 to win.

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    Why Why Why Why do these Southern tracks feel the need to run so many support classes when a National or Regional touring series is on the schedule? Heck that is too many classes for me to sit though in the comfort of my living room watching on Flo. I just don't get the backgate mentality?
    I agree. One reason I have only gone to big races this year and have skipped the local races.

The South.

Flyboy
    What “big” races have you attended this year-(if any)??

FL, Charlotte and South Carolina.

No qualifying tonight.......rain has won this one.

Rockcastle Speedway in Mount Vernon, KY did the same thing Saturday night. 5 classes of cars, over 100 total in the pits and each car got 2 laps on the clock. Heat races didn't start until 10:00. I left at midnight without a feature in sight. The track was terribly dry and slick. I'm personally not a fan of ice racing.

Its awful down here in the south. Would take a collective effort to make a change. Track owners/promoters know that if they try and run heats or do a pill draw, the majority of cars will just go on down the road to another track where they can qualify and run.

Most have at least switch to hot lap/qualify so its not quite as long. Still boring to watch though.

They have that Ole down south mentality. Any true northerners move south they all call it the slow country.

The southerners love how they overpay for land and homes though……..there is nothing slow about the way they take the money to the bank….I promise.

Thanks y’all
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    They just want to give the fans their moneys worth ? ?

Flo is perfect for folks that don’t want to sit through races they don’t care to watch……it’s kinda made the griping about too many classes at big races a moot point.

Flip the channel over to Chicago med and come back an hour later when the supers run….no big deal.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    They have that Ole down south mentality. Any true northerners move south they all call it the slow country.
    I did most of my growing up in, and most of my life, in Lexington, KY. It’s a weird state, geographically. Eastern KY is Appalachian country. Western KY is way Midwest, Illinois, Missouri, etc. Northern KY is Cincinnati. Southern KY is Tennessee-ish. My hometown of Lexington is the bullseye of the state. I swear, I have no idea what I’m supposed to be lol. But I do know, since I moved to South Georgia in 2014, it’s been quite an eye opener. Down here is like living 50 years ago. I’ve been a Republican my whole life, but I want nothing to do with what being a Republican means in the Deep South. I know there’s normal life down here, but you have to search for it. 😬