Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Has the Fat Lady sung on Scott yet?

Is this pretty much it? Or will he be back again?

He was always my guy, but sadly enough, I believe he is done. I don't see him winning again, at least a meaningful race. He might show up at some local joint for a weekly show, but even then...I don't see it happening.

The fat lady sang a couple years ago.

Every dog has its day. Do the Fat ladies still come around (at least)?😜

She sung a few years ago.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I’m sure flyboy knows all about fat girls.

Well. When it’s 2am and your getting lonely 😁😜

If he started cardio and fixed the nerve issues in his leg, then I’d feel more optimistic.

It’s been quiet about him since he ran at Stuart. Hopefully he’s getting the best medical advice he can get and following through with it. If he can get himself feeling good again, I wouldn’t count him out at the places he likes. His performance in the heats at Eldora was pretty impressive. Let’s all hope he can get well. You take him out of the picture and this form of racing becomes less interesting.

Yes yes yes yes. I’d prefer Scott to stay in SLM racing. Driving and building chassis.

Fly
    At 10pm there a 2. At 2am there a 10!

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Fly At 10pm there a 2. At 2am there a 10!
    That’s it 😜😁 and a lot of folks like snorkeling

Unfortunately yes, I feel he may be done.

I don't think he's anywhere near being done. The man has been through a lot in the last couple of years but with his drive and the love of dirt late model racing .... he will be back!!!

I hope he’s not done. Love him or hate him the sport needs more like him. He’s not my favorite driver but I’d like to see him win a few more and go out under better circumstances. I have no doubt that he’s got the intelligence and the innovative skills to open up his chassis building business and be successful on a larger scale but I’m also afraid he’s his own worst enemy if he does.

"You take him out of the picture and this form of racing becomes less interesting."

I've been around this sport for over 50 years and Scott hasn't been competitive for the last so many years and this form of racing is still as interesting with or without Scott in the picture. Sprint Car racing has survived and is just as interesting with the retirement of 11 The King 🤴 Steve Kinser and Kinser has more wins and championships than Bloomquist.

I think along with not getting any younger, his multiple health and motorcycle accident related issues, his personal life seeming to spiral into chaos during and after the divorce, and the tumultuous uproar that his business dealings seem to have gone even before Cody got involved, have all combined to expedite the inevitable slowdown of a great career. I don't see him coming back to do much (in the way of results/wins), perhaps another race win or two in a small regional race, but the days of seeing him as a serious contender on a national level or a threat at the crown jewels/big stage ... over...IMO. Really too bad for what he's meant to the sport, kinda reminds me of Darrell Waltrip's last few years on the NASCRAP circuit.

Scott's drive ? Really, the guy has no idea how to tell time. You can call it what you want but showing up late, not getting the car in line for the heat race. This has been going on longer than anyone can give a legitimate reason as to why it happens all the time.

Finfan, did you just compare Bloomer to DW?😉That could cause quite a ruckus on here.
    8/13/16

Finnfan25

His divorce is still pending- so technically he is still married.