Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    You probably know well of Ritche Evans then .
    Yes sir. My first race was Utica Rome speedway when it was pavement. He was my favorite. Then after a couple yrs I switched to going to dirt races where Lou the monk lazzaro and barefoot bob were my favorites. Great Times!

I'd like to have seen #61 live long enough to be in a cup car. NASKY would have to manipulate ways to slow him down so that he wouldn't win all of the time. He would've been like Curtis Turner by passing more cars on the first lap of a race than all the others did the whole race long 1 !

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    I'd like to have seen #61 live long enough to be in a cup car. NASKY would have to manipulate ways to slow him down so that he wouldn't win all of the time. He would've been like Curtis Turner by passing more cars on the first lap of a race than all the others did the whole race long 1 !
    Richie was asked if he wanted to go big time but he told gene Dewitt that he wanted to stay where he was at. He rock & rolled w that super speedway Camaro though.

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Richie was asked if he wanted to go big time but he told gene Dewitt that he wanted to stay where he was at. He rock & rolled w that super speedway Camaro though.
    The mods were built to be what they thought were safer, but they ended up being too ridged without any crumble zone to them. The cars stopped but the drivers internal organs did not.

The 80s in general were a terrible time for asphalt modifieds.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!