Cory Hedgec ock Tops Schaeffer’s Oil Southern Nationals at I-75 Raceway
Leads Series Standings Heading into Final Week

LOUDON, Tenn. (07/25/22) – Cory Hedgec ock won his second Schaeffer’s Oil Southern Nationals feature of the 2022 miniseries on Tuesday night aboard his E-Z-GO / Noble Knights Construction Services No. 23 Budget Transmission / K&P Used Cars / Black Diamond Race Car / Eagle Racing Engine Super Late Model.

The victory, which came at I-75 Raceway, increased his win total to 10 on the season, and with a consistent week of racing in the rearview mirror he now heads into the final week of action atop the series standings.

“That was a pretty wild night at I-75 (Raceway) with the leaders tangling. We were in the right place to take advantage of the situation and got another win,” Hedgec ock shared. “We added a couple more Top-10 finishes to the week, and ended things on top of the points. We’re locked and loaded for this week, and hopefully when it’s all said and done we have some more wins and a championship.”

Cory Hedgec ock was back on the road with the Schaeffer’s Southern Nationals on Tuesday afternoon for the fourth round of the 12-race tour at I-75 Raceway (Sweetwater, Tenn.).

With the 26-car field split into two separate groups for time trials, Cory earned the second-starting position for the main event via the fastest lap in his group. Inheriting the lead on lap 25 after two front-runners were collected in a tangle, Hedgec ock soared to his 10th win of the season ahead of Sam Seawright, Jensen Ford, Will Roland, and Zack Mitchell. He earned $4,053 for his second series victory.

Back in action on Thursday at Senoia Raceway (Senoia, Ga.), Hedgec ock raced his way into the show with a consolation victory after missing a transfer spot in qualifying by one position. Improving six spots in the 40-lap affair, Cory recorded a sixth-place finish.

After Mother Nature won at East Alabama Motor Speedway (Phenix City, Ala.) on Friday, Cory traveled to Screven Motor Speedway (Sylvania, Ga.) on Saturday for the annual Rebel Yell. With preliminary results lining him up 17th on the starting grid for the $10,053-to-win A-Main, Hedgec ock passed seven cars in the 53-lapper to finish 10th.

With Mother Nature axing Sunday’s contest at Swainsboro (Ga.) Raceway, Cory holds a 10-point advantage atop the Schaeffer’s Southern Nationals point standings.

The latest series standings and complete results are available at www.SouthernNationalsSeries.com .

The 2022 edition of the Schaeffer’s Oil Southern Nationals wraps up this week with the following races:

July 26: Toccoa (Ga.) Raceway - $10,067 to win
July 28: Tri-County Race Track (Brasstown, N.C.) - $7,553 to win
July 29: Boyd’s Speedway (Ringgold, Ga.) - $10,053 to win
July 30: Tazewell (Tenn.) Speedway - $10,053 to win

Cory Hedgec ock would like to thank all of his sponsors, which include E-Z-GO, Eagle Racing Engines, Budget Transmissions, Pace Performance, K&P Used Cars, W.E. Hardscapes & Masonry, Circle H Services, Noble Knights Construction Services, STI Trucking, Black Diamond Racecars, I-75 Raceway, Timeless Memories Photography, VooDoo Technologies, Powers Machine, Cobb’s Auto Parts, Pro-Fabrication, Accu-Force, Vineyard Construction, Winters Performance, Quickcar Racing Products, Martel Signs, MyRacePass Marketing Services, Hoosier, VP Fuels, Hickory Hardscapes, my Wife, my Daughter, Dad, Mom, my Grandad Mike and everyone who helps.

Visit the team’s official website at www.CoryHedgec ock23.com as well as social media outlets at https://www.facebook.com/coryhedgec ock23/ and https://twitter.com/Hedgec ock23 often for the latest team updates.

PR Contact:
Ben Shelton (ben.shelton@myracepass.com)