Question track prep for fans ? or track prep for drivers ?

It seems to me that Cedar Lake prepares the track for the fans, not necessarily the drivers. What is your feeling about this ? I've heard many fans excited about the racing and speed at Cedar Lake but it seems to me the drivers are cautious about saying they like the track. What say ye ? After a preliminary which McCreadie won several years ago I remember him saying the place was "crazy fast," or something to that effect. Is Cedar Lake hard on engines ? ---it's just a three-eighths
    Jim Hanson
    Minnesota

The first 40-50 feature laps, are all hammer down.. Cool speed, but not a ton of passing.

The best driver intros in racing, need the darkness & spotlights. So, that is the need for the long track prep/tilling.

I'm glad track prep for fans cause if for majority drivers it'd be light dust smooth and slick. Days of drivers getting up on wheel long gone. Cars and drivers are setup for 1 surface and 1 only and when it's a real dirt track, changes throughout night or has character, they cry piss moan etc about traffic. Racing is entertainment and fans want entertained for their money, not a driver saying pay my bills etc

Been going for several years now and part of the reason I keep going is the farming of the track. I like that they throw a curve ball and rip it, till it, hydrate it, and whatever. Because, by the time they get around to that feature, it has been thoroughly raced on. The USA Nationals weekend is all late models, both touring (open) and Cedar Lake late models. By the time that feature is going to go off, that track has had a lot of race laps on it.

Last year it rained, and it rained. I drove there for three hours and two of that three was in rain. When my wife and I got there we bought pit passes so we could spend time in the pits and secure a couple good seats. That place was slop. The pits were slop. Everything was slop. That was one of the better races I went to for the USA Nationals. I'm sure some drivers didn't care for it, but it was fun to watch. I don't know how many cars I seen trying to rip off their own right rear quarters, how many cars showering sparks off the walls, and how it was cool to watch some of those smarter, veteran drivers just ride around and wait it out.

It was an interesting race and a good race and it was for the fans.
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.

Race tracks that haven't been worked and watered is a real problem most race tracks have gave up they can't get people to come because they can put on a show they just run 7,8 or even 10 classes and try an make it off the back gate.

I prefer the dry slick, BUT, some tracks race better when they have some moisture!

Track I’ll never go back to. Crazy long time to get track ready, then the driver intros. Could fit a full show in during that time. Hard pass on ever going back there.