Thumbs up Paducah - USA World 50 coming back - $10,000 to win. August 12th

Paducah International Raceway
    Paducah, Kentucky

Track is reviving the USA World 50 on August 12th.
    $10,000 to win for Super Late Model
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 07-27-2022 at 06:45 AM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    Paducah International Raceway
    Paducah, Kentucky

Track is reviving the USA World 50 on August 12th.
    $10,000 to win for Super Late Model
    Will hurt the car count running that date is the North-South weekend $75k to win

Wouldn’t they know that? I don’t know much about Paducah or the people running it but that sounds like a recipe for failure.

Can someone elaborate or know any of the details……I mean the north south is legendary and draws the best of the best most years.
    Might be a good shot for some of the local supers that have no shot at the north south to go win some good cash…..I hope it works for them, always a fan of tracks trying to do something cool for their region of racers.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

These tracks are almost five hours apart, but this is still ridiculous. I’m glad Paducah is back, and I hope they’re successful, but of all dates to bring the World 50 back … wow.

Dumb dedumb dumb! There is a reason this track has been shuddered for the past few years. Running a $10k is a recipe for disaster and could crash this track again. They may get 18 cars.

Quote Originally Posted by In The Gas View Post
    Dumb dedumb dumb! There is a reason this track has been shuddered for the past few years. Running a $10k is a recipe for disaster and could crash this track again. They may get 18 cars.
    So, the same as a Chris Tilley promoted 10K event?

And what does second place pay at the north south ?

What is working with a regional or local shoe having a shot at $10K? Florence and the North/South isn’t for everyone racer.

There is also supposed to be an Iron-Man series race at Duck River that same night.

Pierce is about the only Illinois driver that seems to come to the north south on a regular basis. I don't think this race will change anyone ones minds that weren't already coming IMO.

I don't know much about the track but I am quite sure it will not affect the cars coming to Florence. On the other hand, they have a good chance of drawing a fair amount of cars in their area. Whether thing succeed has nothing to do with the North South weekend IMO

My post should have said “What is WRONG with”, but anyway as stated by others, I don’t see this race and the N/S affecting one another regardless.

If I were Paducah, I maybe woulda held off a year before bringing this race back and making sure the track is completely up to snuff

Car count isn’t the only factor. What about fans who live somewhere between these two tracks, or within reasonable driving distance of one or the other. Both tracks will be negatively affected by this decision. One week before this, the big event in the sport is 11 hours north of Paducah, in Wisconsin. That would’ve been a perfect weekend for Paducah. Absolutely perfect. Instead, they pick the worst possible date. Who is calling the shots on this deal?

You’d still get mostly the same cars and probably the same fans

This reminds of when fans get their panties in a wad when a semi local regional track schedules against Eldora. The cars going to that regional event, weren’t going to Eldora anyway, so why not give them a race to make some money?

I'd be more concerned with any lingering effects of the dust bowl Summer National race they had. I doubt any name drivers are in a hurry to get back to something like that. Maybe they get the track in better shape and this show is a success...

Exactly my thinking too Jet. Shoulda waited a season, but hope it comes off as a success