Default World of Outlaws dirt racing game.

I saw that Iracing bought out Monster games and there will be a new World of Outlaws racing game coming out in September. Looks like it will be fun with several real tracks and also real drivers. I for one am pretty excited about it! I was shocked I haven't seen anything on here about it.

I hope it's more like Iracing and less like Tony Stewarts games. The game play video that just came out didn't look as good as I expected. The cars look like they push bad.

I've been playing iRacing with VR since they released dirt and there's no going back. Hopefully console users get the same experience.

From the videos I saw it looks just as garbage as Tony Stewart’s game. Probably just stick to woo 2002 when it comes to a racing game

Man does WoO Sprints 2002 take me back. While the Late Model bodies weren’t the greatest, played a lot of Saturday Night Speedway too!

Have to wait and see some gameplay footage before I decide if this one will be worth playing.

It looks terrible. Iracing is the only way to go… haven’t touched a console racing game in 6 years

I was taking care of my Dad from mid-2003 on. Played a ton of those Ratbag games. Got so I could win just about everywhere unless got taken out in someone else wreck. Had to put MAX stagger in and be VERY aggressive. Move the wing around till the car just started to wheelie a little on corner exit.

I left all my stuff, pedals & PC, at a friends garage/storage. I'd imagine all went to the junk pile long ago. Back then a racing rig hadn't been thought of that I know. Force feedback steering wheel would occasionally jerk itself off the desk. Seen recently where guys are modifying the brake pedal to give it some feel. They were basically and on/off switch.

iRacing in VR is the only way to go when it comes to gaming. I recommend everyone to try it at any of the big races where Tim Nickles has his “Tim’s Sim’s” trailer.

I run VR, it ok me a while to get used to it but won’t go back now.

I used to run the Ratbag games, DTR and DTR2 then transitioned to RFactor. Never got onto IRacing but I'm interested in the VR system. Do you run VR with a PC?

If you're going to get into VR, go straight to an HP Reverb G2. No screendoor effect. You'll need a decent PC to run it. I have an RTX 3080 and still can't run the graphics on max, iRacing is built on such an old architecture that VR is especially draining resource wise.

The teaser of the game looked unfinished. I’ll hold out to see what the game is really like before I kick it in the balls

I think there's only so much they can put on a console game compared to a PC game. I'll wait and see what the full trailer looks like b4 making a decision.

The news of the game was just released mid June, and is set to be on sale in September. I don't have my hopes up for a very high quality game for that reason. I will most likely still buy it just to support the next, if there is a next one.

I think it is pretty cool for the drivers that are in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    The news of the game was just released mid June, and is set to be on sale in September. I don't have my hopes up for a very high quality game for that reason. I will most likely still buy it just to support the next, if there is a next one.

I think it is pretty cool for the drivers that are in the game.
    I wonder how many real drivers are in the game?

i will be getting it for sure should be fun, good for dirt racing and they can build off the first version of the game

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    The news of the game was just released mid June, and is set to be on sale in September. I don't have my hopes up for a very high quality game for that reason. I will most likely still buy it just to support the next, if there is a next one. I think it is pretty cool for the drivers that are in the game.
    They said it was coming on April 1st

I don't understand why someone doesn't just re-boot the RatBag games. Take them apart and fix any coding issues, then re-release. They are at least 25 years old. Surely the technology exists to do it. The company is dead and gone.