Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

It’s obvious.

Although, I love to see Kevin Weaver win.

I was a NASCAR MW series tech official in 1999 when I met met Jimmy and Chris Mars. Jimmy was running on pavement that year for rookie of the year (which he won over Jamie McMurray). Up until that time I had only maybe been to two or three dirt races in my life and they were rough and dusty affairs. They told me then, you have to go back and check it out. I did. In the years that followed I became a bigger fan of dirt racing than the pavement racing I grew up on and was surrounded by.

To this day when I go to a race and maybe buy a pit pass, those guys always are really nice to me when I hang around and bother them. I owe them for turning me back onto dirt racing and I'm a fan of theirs and their business and a fan of many of the drivers who race their product in modifieds and late models. To those guys I say thanks, because I've had many years of enjoying dirt racing based on their advice.

In the big picture, I'm a fan of seeing a great race regardless of who wins but I do want to see my home state drivers and teams do well when they can.
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.