Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Who Do You Root For?

I am curious to see which drivers are some of your favorites on a local, regional & national level. I don't have that ONE driver who I live and die for on a weekly basis like some of my racing buddies. Instead, I root for several drivers. I have a few friends that only root for drivers racing a certain chassis brand which I find strange.

My Favorites: LOCAL: Bryan Bernheisel, REGIONAL: Rick Eckert & Gregg Satterlee, WOOLMS: Max Blair, LOLMS Tim McCreadie, OTHERS: Mike Marlar & Brian Shirley.

I don’t have any favorites other than an interest in seeing drivers from my area doing well in big races.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Honestly, I don’t have one favorite driver. I’m a race fan and I like to simply see a good race, and there’s been several good ones this year for sure. I think it’s a win win situation for everyone involved when it’s less than five laps to go and nobody knows who’s fixing to win!

Local = Timbo Mangum. National = Chris Madden. Local Series = Blue Ridge Outlaws and The 66 car Mark Dysart

I'm with flathead, I just like seeing a good race. I like seeing new winners on the national tours. I also like when drivers show some enthusiasm in victory lane. It kills me when someone gets out of the car and they just won a big race and they act like they just sat fast time in hot laps.

I've always been a fan of Jason Feger going back to his open trailer days. I became friends with him and his family back then, and they have never forgotten my face. I rarely get to see him race in person though.

I probably have more guys I root against than guys I pull for.

Chris Combs 47
    Stephen Breeding 5
    Raymond Nichols 10
    Oscar McCown 1

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    I probably have more guys I root against than guys I pull for.
    I'm glad somebody said it.

I never used to have a favorite driver and would never buy a driver's shirt just event shirts. But now I do have a favorite and it's Bobby Pierce. I like his family and every time I've talked to him, he's been very friendly. I think he's one of the best driver's out there and most exciting to watch.

I'm with Flathead, just want a good competitive race, but I like to see an underdog pull off an upset.

I agree with flathead also. In long races I watch guys coming up thru the field. Many people miss some really good pack racing because they get focused on who's leading. Only time I dislike is when the track locks down to 1 lane and it's bottom groove dominate. Max Blair, ROY.

"Lets Go Bobby"

local-jeremy shaw. national- marlar and pierce

When my dad started taking me to the races, we were big Freddy Smith fans. Ever since Freddy retired, I’ve never really had a favorite driver. Now a days, I’d rather see a good race and hope for under dogs to win. There’s more guys i root against. I like seeing new winners as well, i like seeing the money get spread out. There are some drivers I like more than others, Overton, Moran, Huddy, Sheppard, Marlar on the national stage, some WV regional and local hot shoes that I have sponsored as well, (Hawkins, Doll).

Sinse Im one of Epjs original crew guys, he'll always be my first. Then Bloomer, Davenport, Madden, Pierce.Local/regional Whitener, Herrington!

I have one favorite that I've been chasing around for the last 30-plus years and it's Gary Webb. I am truly amazed that he's still running competitively after all these decades. Gary is a great guy and I probably enjoy watching him more at age 73 than I did when he was in his prime. Going to watch him race tonight in Tipton, Iowa, a 400-mile round trip.

On the national scene, I tend to root for guys that I was impressed with "before they were famous." That's Marlar, Davenport, and Overton.

In general, I just like to see a good race and a new winner.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Nationally: My 1st favorite was the Southern Gentleman Freddy Smith. Got behind Rick Eckert once Freddy started winding it down. Like some, I probably root against more then I pull for now. However, I do find myself rooting for Kyle Larson when he races and like Brandon Overton as well (Was present for his first Super win at I-20 Speedway in SC).

Locally/Regionally: All my favs and heroes as a kid have retired and moved on. Just like to see a good race more then anything now.
    Last edited by weatherman85; 07-29-2022 at 12:31 PM.

I was a Billy Moyer fan back in the day. When he showed up to a track around my area, he usually won. Bill Frye was another who was a favorite. Now days I just like seeing a good race and do not have a favorite.

When I was a kid we liked to pull for Ben Miley in the Pittsburgh area and we kinda looked at Lynn Geisler as the bad guy and I always enjoyed When #99 Donnie Moran would show up in that beautiful white car and beat Lynn.

National- Mike Marlar and Jimmy Owens
    Local/Regional- David Breazeale, Jay Scott, Josh Putnam