Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steve francis

Well, tbh he didnt do anything that he said he was gonna do when he took the position. Bodies are out of control

I wonder how many teams will call him to crew?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier_Dirt View Post
    Well, tbh he didnt do anything that he said he was gonna do when he took the position. Bodies are out of control
    The question is: Was he NOT allowed by higher ups to not do much about it so they didn't lose series regulars or did he just not do anything?

I suspect the former over the latter

Possibly, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    I wonder how many teams will call him to crew?
    After looking extra at all of the longhorns for the last few years I would say all the top rocket guys will want him……I predict he lands at rocket itself in some capacity.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Interesting that the post by the new poster — the one that likely had the right answer — is now gone.

Not sure about that, but they would be smart to get him up in the mountains for some “ trout fishing” during his retirement.

Most people leave a job for one of two reasons. Better opportunity or poor management.
    Bo

--------------------------
    It's better to be hated for who you are, than loved for who you are not...

Quote Originally Posted by Tireguy17 View Post
    In the end its none of our business if there are other motives that made them quit in-season. Its never good but I'd guess it was planned during these 2 off weeks and his replacement has been in the works.

I can imagine it's currently an uphill battle to be a LM series tech official, the chassis builders have more influence on the rules than you do.

I think Ray Cook has more influence on the rules than anyone in the sport. He started the droop rule which not a single team in the country thinks is a good idea. Talk to any driver in the pit area and they will tell you the droop rule has hurt the racing on the track.

Quote Originally Posted by mccreadiefan39 View Post
    I think Ray Cook has more influence on the rules than anyone in the sport. He started the droop rule which not a single team in the country thinks is a good idea. Talk to any driver in the pit area and they will tell you the droop rule has hurt the racing on the track.
    McCreadie will tell you that. I don't think they all will say it hurt the racing. That said, it's stupid and failed to achieve anything positive.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Kinda like the tire rules…..

I agree that the droop rule is nonsense, but a driver with someone else's credit card seldom cares about the quality of the racing. They care about the quality of THEIR racing.

Not to mention Cook's formats are the worst in the country. Overall Ray is not good for the sport, at least not for the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    I agree that the droop rule is nonsense, but a driver with someone else's credit card seldom cares about the quality of the racing. They care about the quality of THEIR racing.
    Exactly. He said HE couldn't pass anymore. He lost sidebite when racing next to other cars cause his blade wasn't so much above theirs now.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I'm not sure why people are using their eyes to tech cars. Have any of you ever measured a super late model to see if the chassis manufacturers are building their cars by the rule books? Are some of you paying more attention to the brighter colored cars (like Davenport) and thinking they look different than the darker colored cars? I've noticed that the brighter colored cars look like they stand taller in the back than the darker colored cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossbones View Post
    I'm not sure why people are using their eyes to tech cars. Have any of you ever measured a super late model to see if the chassis manufacturers are building their cars by the rule books? Are some of you paying more attention to the brighter colored cars (like Davenport) and thinking they look different than the darker colored cars? I've noticed that the brighter colored cars look like they stand taller in the back than the darker colored cars.
    Manufacturers are not putting the body on all the cars, nor do they put the same body on all the cars they sell. Yes, people here know what they are talking about.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Manufacturers are not putting the body on all the cars, nor do they put the same body on all the cars they sell. Yes, people here know what they are talking about.
    Manufacturers have slight distinctive looks from one another and all the Rockets, Longhorns etc. all look the same to me. One of the things I like doing when watching a race is figure out what chassis an unknown driver is in and I can always tell if its a Rocket or Longhorn (majority of the cars on the track are these two) because a Rocket looks like a Rocket and a Longhorn looks like a Longhorn.

Do you watch HTF? Do you think Joiners car looks legal? He has a Capital and it looks just like other Capitals to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossbones View Post
    Manufacturers have slight distinctive looks from one another and all the Rockets, Longhorns etc. all look the same to me. One of the things I like doing when watching a race is figure out what chassis an unknown driver is in and I can always tell if its a Rocket or Longhorn (majority of the cars on the track are these two) because a Rocket looks like a Rocket and a Longhorn looks like a Longhorn.

Do you watch HTF? Do you think Joiners car looks legal? He has a Capital and it looks just like other Capitals to me.
    Davenport and McCreadie absolutely don't have the same body as a common Rocket. Overton body in 2021 was not the same as the one at PRI.

I don't watch HTF.

If no body rule was ever broken the roofs would still be mounted level with 1.5" of convex bow. Decks would still be level front to back and side to side. The deck would also not gain height as it ran to the driver's door. The nose "floppers" would be layed down on the fenders. Both rear quarter panels would narrow from the wheel open back to the t bar. I could go on and on. The rules don't reflect all of that anymore because they threw their hands in the air and tried to write the cars back legal by changing the book.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    Not to mention Cook's formats are the worst in the country. Overall Ray is not good for the sport, at least not for the fans.
    I agree about the formats, but you can't do but so much with the cars he has following his schedule; other than the top 5, and few drop-ins, he doesn't have much to work with. As for not being good for the sport, you could not be more wrong, in my opinion.

Rocket bodies are straighter and flatter than Longhorn bodes. Black Diamond bodies are mounted at like a 10 degree angle to the right. Capital bodes are pretty similar to Rocket bodies. Bloomquist bodies aee different animal than any of the above and the look almost too long and too low, but there also angled like Black Diamonds. Kirkpatrick’s body looks like a late model body that tried to go streaking on an Alaska night.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!