Thread: Black Race Cars

Default Black Race Cars

While suffering through a constantly freezing up screen at Tri County's Southern Nationals show last night had time to ponder the love of black cars that the Southern boys seem to have. Roughly half the field was that. The lack of my familiarity with many of the drivers compounds the difficulty in keeping track of who's who. Some black is acceptable to accent some true color. For the non artists black and white are not classed as "colors."

Not to pick on the south as some other series are also loaded with black, notably the asphalt Lates which are even more guilty. They almost all are black or white and I find myself pulling for the rare red car in the field.

Is it a self defense thing so the guy you run into isn't sure who dinged him? Somone once said "You aren't Dale Earnhardt and badazz enough to carry the black. Our cars have been all over the color spectrum for over 60 years and only once, in deference to my son, have I owned a black car. Ran across a video of that 2019 car a while back and I couldn't even see it on a typically dimly lit dirt track. The car was successful but I hated the way it looked and was happy to reskin/paint it at the end of that season.

Our normally bright paint jobs show up well and the goofballs who hit us can't say they didn't see the car. Last night's winner, David Payne, had a nice looking orange and white car.

You would think in this summer heat lighter colors would prevail

You’re over thinking it. Try running an all white car at Gaffney, it would get old quick

It would be hard to clean but Freddy had a white car at times and he did it

Quote Originally Posted by over4T View Post
    While suffering through a constantly freezing up screen at Tri County's Southern Nationals show last night had time to ponder the love of black cars that the Southern boys seem to have. Roughly half the field was that. The lack of my familiarity with many of the drivers compounds the difficulty in keeping track of who's who. Some black is acceptable to accent some true color. For the non artists black and white are not classed as "colors."

Not to pick on the south as some other series are also loaded with black, notably the asphalt Lates which are even more guilty. They almost all are black or white and I find myself pulling for the rare red car in the field.

Is it a self defense thing so the guy you run into isn't sure who dinged him? Somone once said "You aren't Dale Earnhardt and badazz enough to carry the black. Our cars have been all over the color spectrum for over 60 years and only once, in deference to my son, have I owned a black car. Ran across a video of that 2019 car a while back and I couldn't even see it on a typically dimly lit dirt track. The car was successful but I hated the way it looked and was happy to reskin/paint it at the end of that season.

Our normally bright paint jobs show up well and the goofballs who hit us can't say they didn't see the car. Last night's winner, David Payne, had a nice looking orange and white car.
    A black car use to be hard to see on a dark track, but the tracks now seem to have better lighting, I guess due to LED lights. These days, black cars are accented by fluorescent shade colors, so they show up much better. I prefer a white car with red accents. Never heard of anybody running a black car for a self defense thing.

I am not an artist, but it was my understanding that Black is ALL colors combined.

It makes building bodies easier. Put your favorite colors on the wrap!

Bazooka wrap would be awesome 😁 Throwback wrap.

Can't say much. Just finished mine up. Lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Punisher88; 07-29-2022 at 08:54 PM.

It's harder to detect illegal parts on a black car. Posting for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    It would be hard to clean but Freddy had a white car at times and he did it
    He was out front most times, don’t get near as dirty up there.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

You make a great point about Freddy 😁 man oh man I sure did love that Bazooka car