Default Thoughts on this Purse

Why dont a track try this? Say you pay $100,000 to win and $10,000 to start 24 car field. B-Main non transfers get $1,000, C-Main non transfers get $700 and D-main non transfers get $500 and heats pay $2,000 to win and $300 to start. Maybe have the race at like Eldora or something. What would you all think? Maybe make it a 1 day show with hotlaps and qualifing and all in 1 day use hotlaps as your qualifing. Also charge $40 for stands and $50 for pits car entry $100 and get 1 free pit pass.

They don’t try it because admission would have to be like 100+ bucks to come close to covering it.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Not really purse would be around $950,000 and if you include streaming rights and all you would actually make money. I would guess you would see around 140 cars for this.

Quote Originally Posted by latemodelman View Post
    Not really purse would be around $950,000 and if you include streaming rights and all you would actually make money. I would guess you would see around 140 cars for this.
    What kind of streaming revenue do you think is available when you don't provide the infrastructure and just allow a subscription service to come in and shoot?

At 9000 attendance, you have to monetize $106 per customer just to break even, if you have no overhead and labor.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    What kind of streaming revenue do you think is available when you don't provide the infrastructure and just allow a subscription service to come in and shoot?

At 9000 attendance, you have to monetize $106 per customer just to break even, if you have no overhead and labor.
    It would be interesting to know if Tony had to break into his own piggy bank for the Million!

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    It would be interesting to know if Tony had to break into his own piggy bank for the Million!
    I'd be absolutely shocked it it didn't make money.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I'd be absolutely shocked it it didn't make money.
    Keep in mind the 50/50 ticket amounts per day, the amount listed is the half the ticket holder gets so the track gets the same amount. That pays a large portion of any purse over the course of the weekend, least of the big events at eldora with the large crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by billetbirdcage View Post
    Keep in mind the 50/50 ticket amounts per day, the amount listed is the half the ticket holder gets so the track gets the same amount. That pays a large portion of any purse over the course of the weekend, least of the big events at eldora with the large crowds.
    That money goes to the Tony Stewart foundation (or another charity), not to the tracks bank account to cover the purse.

IMO - keep at $50K and distribute the other $50k throughout the field.Make starting $5K and drivers would be very happy.Heck FALS charged $71 per reserved seat for their two day show, had tons of sponsor money. I realize the hype that Bshepp got $100K, but I would have much more liked the dollars be spread out as the PDC payout was dreadful other than for the winner.

Quote Originally Posted by cgrace View Post
    IMO - keep at $50K and distribute the other $50k throughout the field.Make starting $5K and drivers would be very happy.Heck FALS charged $71 per reserved seat for their two day show, had tons of sponsor money. I realize the hype that Bshepp got $100K, but I would have much more liked the dollars be spread out as the PDC payout was dreadful other than for the winner.
    Exactly, was shocked they got that many cars but that just shows ya what a good job of promotion Rigsby and crew have done for the this event. It was like $2,000 to start and I think you had to get to 8th to win $3000. B Shep walked away with 100 grand, that math don’t really add up

Quote Originally Posted by latemodelman View Post
    A grandstand at most track is 5,000 or less. Sometimes 7,000 like Florence and some of the tracks with bigger grandstands.

Anyway $40 admission for 5000 adults is only is 200,000. How do you come up with the other $750,000?
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    That money goes to the Tony Stewart foundation (or another charity), not to the tracks bank account to cover the purse.
    You mean the Tony Stewart Foundation Bank Account????
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    My bad!!!!