Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 34 Raceway cancels race this week

Due to lack of tires. 😂 Supply chain issues again. Let’s go Brandon 😂

Yeah calling bull(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) on this

FYI - 34 Raceway did NOT cancel this race. The series cancelled it.

From the track's Facebook page:

This is not how we saw this week going unfortunately. We were informed yesterday morning that the tire shortage is indeed now impacting the Castrol FloRacing Night in America event and has flowed down to our track. Unfortunately, the decision was made to cancel the event on Tuesday, August 2nd. Ben & the series team talked to several drivers who would have been there an many are simply out of tires and cannot make the trip meaning we cannot give the fans the show they deserve when drivers can't get the essentials.
    To say we're heartbroken is an understatement. We don't have a lot of words to express the sadness and frustration we feel having to make this post to our fans. Never in our lives would we imagine cancelling a race for tires... What a scary world we're living in.
    Ticket refunds have been processed and should be back in your accounts in 5-7 business days.

Thanks for the clarification 👍

81 cars at Fairbury and not a peep about tires. This had more to do with guys not wanting to go there before Cedar Lake IMO.

Pennsboro I tend to agree. Same reason the WOOLMS cancelled at I 94 this week. Many teams, even the well funded ones, are getting raced out. The streaming world would love to broadcast racing SEVEN nights a week, but in reality drivers and crews need a break. Although I enjoy watching, it is hard for me to watch racing night after night from the comfort of my living room. Running up and down the road, especially in the heat of the summer, begins to take its toll.

I know you guys don't have to deal with this stuff weekly but I do. It was 100% about tires. There were racers at FALS using used tires to race. Nearly everyone has burned through their entire inventory of new and used tires. Fairbury received 22 tires for the PDC compared to the 100 they got last year. 34 was getting none at the track. Tires will be delivered to Cedar Lake Thursday. There were around 14 teams that had enough tires to race at 34. Some of those would have been on used tires. With the stretch of racing that has just happened in the mid west everyone is depleted. Hoosier is slated to produce LM tires again later in August.

With my regional program I am on the phone with Hoosier and the tire dealers of the area WEEKLY to know what tire supply is like for an event. I have been very fortunate that I haven't had to cancel an event but it has been close on 2 different occasions this year.

Makes sense 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    81 cars at Fairbury and not a peep about tires. This had more to do with guys not wanting to go there before Cedar Lake IMO.
    I read somewhere that there were cars that wanted to run the MARS show at Davenport last Tuesday, but could not find tires to be able to run there.

Quote Originally Posted by flagone View Post
    I know you guys don't have to deal with this stuff weekly but I do. It was 100% about tires. There were racers at FALS using used tires to race. Nearly everyone has burned through their entire inventory of new and used tires. Fairbury received 22 tires for the PDC compared to the 100 they got last year. 34 was getting none at the track. Tires will be delivered to Cedar Lake Thursday. There were around 14 teams that had enough tires to race at 34. Some of those would have been on used tires. With the stretch of racing that has just happened in the mid west everyone is depleted. Hoosier is slated to produce LM tires again later in August.

With my regional program I am on the phone with Hoosier and the tire dealers of the area WEEKLY to know what tire supply is like for an event. I have been very fortunate that I haven't had to cancel an event but it has been close on 2 different occasions this year.
    Thanks for the informative update. It is greatly appreciated.

There were about 6-10 cars missing from Davenport show due to no tires being available.

WoO also cancelled its makeup date at I-94 due to lack of tires. Ironically was scheduled on the same night as 34.

Getting tires is an issue for some teams…….

Husker is right about that, some teams.

Does the Castrol series always run an LM tire rule? I looked and couldn't find the actual tire rule anywhere.

I'm sure this will get someone's panties in a bunch because I'm just a dumb fan that doesn't understand anything. Im just asking a simple question.
    Last edited by zyoung25; 08-03-2022 at 06:12 AM.

Careful, Ol Flagone will get you booted if you don’t agree with him.

Little off-topic but go watch latest Ryan Missler YouTube vid. Last 1/3 is topic adjacent.

in all fairness: When XR had the staurt and belleville races they added a American racers tire (pro 3 or something like that was comparable to the LM40 RR), we called around to see if any of those was available (even called Ray Cook) and nobody had any and didn't know when they would.

Also a while back there was a press release from AM that they was shutting down the/a plant due to lack of nylon. No idea how that effected their LM tires, but you would think it would (maybe they have more then one plant as I don't know).

However I can tell you at I-80 I saw multiple people (including non big names) that got 5 or more tires at a time. That's one trip to the tire truck but can't say they only went once or multiple times or if there was even a limit on tires. Most every race I been too in the midwest has had a tire limit you could get per day, most being 2 (1 RR and 1 LR/Front).

If your on a Hoosier deal or a big name racer you can get tires, maybe not as many as you ordered but you will get tires shipped to you before a race and the small local racers get what they are allowed at the track the day of the race

^a generalization^

I stand by my claim. Not saying that tires aren't an issue by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Does the Castrol series always run an LM tire rule? I looked and couldn't find the actual tire rule anywhere.

I'm sure this will get someone's panties in a bunch because I'm just a dumb fan that doesn't understand anything. Im just asking a simple question.
    Yes they have a tire rule - https://www.floseries.com/rules/ click on 2022 tire rule

Quote Originally Posted by cjsracing View Post
    Yes they have a tire rule - https://www.floseries.com/rules/ click on 2022 tire rule
    Thanks.....