Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

i believe the medics were there. they were waiting for a transport ambulance to take him away.

Quote Originally Posted by lokwaidid View Post
    i believe the medics were there. they were waiting for a transport ambulance to take him away.
    They were. People that complain about stuff like this, completely blow me away because they don't understand the severity of what was taking place at that time.

You don't just throw a guy that's yelling because he is in pain, and can't feel his limbs on a stretcher and go on about business. There is a reason they had to cut him out of the car.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    They were. People that complain about stuff like this, completely blow me away because they don't understand the severity of what was taking place at that time.

You don't just throw a guy that's yelling because he is in pain, and can't feel his limbs on a stretcher and go on about business. There is a reason they had to cut him out of the car.
    You obviously are at the track. Little different scenario. If you missed the initial accident on Flo, you had no idea that a accident even occurred. They only showed views of the crowd and threw in about 5 or 6 driver interviews. Never once did they mention someone was hurt. Said nothing about any kind of red flag conditions. That was for 25 minutes straight.
    I think everyone understands not showing a replay until you know the driver is OK but at least keep your listeners informed about what's going on.
    I literally left the room for 2-3 minutes and missed it all until they showed the replay.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    You obviously are at the track. Little different scenario. If you missed the initial accident on Flo, you had no idea that a accident even occurred. They only showed views of the crowd and threw in about 5 or 6 driver interviews. Never once did they mention someone was hurt. Said nothing about any kind of red flag conditions. That was for 25 minutes straight.
    I think everyone understands not showing a replay until you know the driver is OK but at least keep your listeners informed about what's going on.
    I literally left the room for 2-3 minutes and missed it all until they showed the replay.
    ^^^this^^^

They showed the car on its lid. I was 10 beers deep and knew someone was hurt. You could hear an ambulance of some sort in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    They showed the car on its lid. I was 10 beers deep and knew someone was hurt. You could hear an ambulance of some sort in the background.
    Don't believe that was the driver injured.

Well when you have that long of a delay, I understand not having a camera on a accident scene, no reason for it. There was never a mention medics where on site and attending to the driver, I headed for the kitchen so if they did I didn't hear it, and I still don't understand why a ambulance is not on site at any track. In my 50+ yrs anywhere we raced, especially if we came in to a track for the first time, safety personal and what type of equipment was a priority. We saw a guy get burned pretty bad, and believe me that is not something you want to see. If they had the proper people and equipment in place things may have not been so bad. That day forward we vowed to be on the look out for such things. More guys should be looking at safety more closely because you never know when you may need them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    I did here a siren. If they showed the car, it was early right after the crash. I missed it. I had a idea that something was up because when they showed video of the stands, everyone was standing.
    8/13/16

My son was there and he was not drinking/smile. He said they carried him out on a stretcher but said nothing announced from the track. So hopefully he will be OK