Default Brownstown Speedway August 6th $10K Roll Call

Who can we expect to be at Brownstown for the Ironman Series race. I think I saw where Hudson is planning on being there.

Guessing, Linville,Gilpin,Robinson, maybe Josh Rice, Austin Mills Hopefully they work the track, been there twice this year, was a total dustbowl both times!!!

So they are doubling down on dust? That's why I finally said no more last year. Went once last year, got grit blasted under the roof and said "that's enough" I'm done until I hear they are going to start cutting the track and watering it well. Not just a "show dump" of a load of water at 3:30..
    Heck the track is burnt up well before hot laps are over. I just don't understand why they let certain drivers dictate the track prep. You can roll a car on the track when it's dryslick and nothing is said, but you better not roll when the track is tacky because it rained or certain crews will scream bloody murder!!! What a joke!!
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

That track needs cut up and prepped in the worst way.

Along with track prep, maybe they can get some new light bulbs or add a few poles. Clearly the darkest track that I've ever been to. Sometimes I wonder how the drivers see.

Ahh yeah that's good stuff guys. Keep complaining, keep whining and crying. Maybe you guys can get this track closed down too. When are all you people going to do something to help this sport instead of hurting it? While not perfect this track has had some of the best races and closest finishes over the past few years of anyplace in the country. The never ending complaining gets real old.

2021 jackson 100 fine expect Owens lead every lap.

Quote Originally Posted by Biplane View Post
    The never ending complaining gets real old.
    Yep, sure does.
    I hate time trials.

Ahh yeah that's good stuff guys. Keep complaining, keep whining and crying. Maybe you guys can get this track closed down too. When are all you people going to do something to help this sport instead of hurting it? While not perfect this track has had some of the best races and closest finishes over the past few years of anyplace in the country. The never ending complaining gets real old.
    Honestly, it’s just one poster on 4m.

Yep, a lot of complaining, pretty much the norm on about any sports board. IMO Brownstown a very nice track that usually provides a good show

The track could help the sport and fix the problems, or does that sound unfounded???

Run a good track and racing and people will notice, if you don't then they will notice also. Pretend all you like.

I'm not going to put lipstick on a pig for ya!!! hahahahaa
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Back to the topic. Who can we expect to enter? I saw where Scott James has it in his schedule.

I hope rain doesn't enter.

Still wheel packing after rain. Gonna be fast for awhile.

Hats off to Brownstown Speedway track personnel for the extra efforts to get this race in. Racing was great all night.
    LM feature was good but would have been great if Chilton hadn’t taken out the top 5 runners. Been interesting to see if Gilpen would have drove to the front if the incident hadn’t occurred.

Yes, hats off to Brownstown crew. They could have easily thrown in the towel after the rain, but didnt!! At first I thought Hudson just lost it, but after seeing video, Chilton clearly clipped him (didnt look intentional). I think it was Hudson's race to lose had it not been for that. Krob was really fast too!!

Clearly not intentional. looked like 71 car about stopped in turn one, don't think the 7 or 97 were expecting it. Looked 97 was on the brakes pretty hard to avoid it. ( (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) near stopped himself)
    I think that one was mostly on the 71 car and whatever he had goin on. (but he is a Lucas Oil driver, never does anything wrong)
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.