Cory Hedgec ock Claims 2022 Schaeffer’s Oil Southern Nationals Title

LOUDON, Tenn. (08/02/22) – Cory Hedgec ock put a wrap on his first-career Schaeffer’s Oil Southern Nationals championship over the weekend. He received $10,053 for his miniseries championship aboard his E-Z-GO / Noble Knights Construction Services No. 23 Budget Transmission / K&P Used Cars / Black Diamond Race Car / Eagle Racing Engine Super Late Model.

He claimed the 2022 title by 28 markers.

“Man, what a grueling few weeks this deal has been. It’s great to finally put it to bed and be the champion. My family, my team, my supporters…. Busted their butts through the heat, the rain, and everything in between. Thanks to everyone who helped us reach our goal,” Hedgec ock said. “We’re going to enjoy this week off, and then take a look at some schedules to see where we’ll race next.”

On Tuesday, Cory Hedgec ock resumed competition with the Schaeffer’s Southern Nationals at Toccoa Raceway (Toccoa, Ga.) for the $10,053-to-win affair.

Starting the feature in eighth via a third-place performance in his heat, Cory gained four positions in the 53-lap affair to register a fourth-place finish.

On Thursday at Tri-County Racetrack (Brasstown, N.C.), Hedgec ock’s 11th-fastest lap in time trials placed him on the sixth row for the feature. With $7,553 on the line, Cory was credited with a 12th-place finish, when a late shower forced officials to cut the 53-lapper short with 27 laps completed.

After Friday’s event at Boyd’s Speedway (Ringgold, Ga.) was axed by Mother Nature, Cory headed to Tazewell Speedway (Tazewell, Tenn.) on Saturday evening for the tour finale. With a third-place finish in his heat race placing him eighth on the starting grid for the $10,053-to-win Ray Varner Ford 53, Hedgec ock salvaged a 11th-place finish after suffering a flat left-rear tire on lap 18.

With Saturday’s 11th-place finish, Cory captured his first career Schaeffer’s Southern Nationals title along with a $10,053 payday.

Full results from the miniseries as well as the final standings can be found at www.SouthernNationalsSeries.com .

Cory will be idle this weekend and is currently evaluating when and where his next event will be. Once finalized the dates will be posted at www.CoryHedgec ock23.com .

Cory Hedgec ock would like to thank all of his sponsors, which include E-Z-GO, Eagle Racing Engines, Budget Transmissions, Pace Performance, K&P Used Cars, W.E. Hardscapes & Masonry, Circle H Services, Noble Knights Construction Services, STI Trucking, Black Diamond Racecars, I-75 Raceway, Timeless Memories Photography, VooDoo Technologies, Powers Machine, Cobb’s Auto Parts, Pro-Fabrication, Accu-Force, Vineyard Construction, Winters Performance, Quickcar Racing Products, Martel Signs, MyRacePass Marketing Services, Hoosier, VP Fuels, Hickory Hardscapes, my Wife, my Daughter, Dad, Mom, my Grandad Mike and everyone who helps.

Visit the team’s official website at www.CoryHedgec ock23.com as well as social media outlets at https://www.facebook.com/coryhedgec ock23/ and https://twitter.com/Hedgec ock23 often for the latest team updates.

PR Contact:
Ben Shelton (ben.shelton@myracepass.com)