Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    I used to get all caught up in the CHASSIS WAR stuff.....but I have come to realize it who is driving the "Hunk of Steel" as much as anything. If JD TMac, Sheppard, Madden & Marlar all woke up tomorrow and starting driving Capitals they would be just as competitive. I understand we currently live in the world of Longhorns & Rockets, but Capitals, Barry Wright, Black Diamond, MB Customers and others still build a fine product. Maybe not on the national stage, but those brands win a ton of races all across the country on a weekly basis,
    I remember a time when JD had the single greatest year n all of late model history in a chassis, jumped out of it into a Barry wright and had to use provisionals or b-mains just to make the shows…🤷🏻(not a nice word)♂️

I seen Hudson O’Neal jump in a Mastersbilt and run half of the season and used provisionals every week and couldn’t finish in the top 15, then changed chassis and won a couple races instantly and was a contender every night…🤷🏻(not a nice word)♂️

Superstock,

You know what else changed? The rules and the people turning the wrenches and making decisions. The people are way more important than the tubing.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

HTF bunch said during their Patreon Clanton noticed "something" was in the wrong hole. Been that way since they picked the car up. I suspect 5th/6th coil/mount was assembled incorrectly. Too much preload on 5th coil is my guess. Car was fast in the wet but sucked in the slick. Just no forward bite when it slicked off.

They had too many hands in the works rushing to assemble the car before Eldora. No idea who assembled that area. But they also didn't know what it was supposed to look like. JMO...these guys aren't rocket scientists when it comes to geometry and set-up. If the guy on the other end of phone doesn't have some magic, they lost.

Really don't intend that to be mean. It's pretty obvious though. I love their channel. But they sure need a crew chief/chassis guy.