Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Chris Ferguson DQed

Chris Ferguson
    6h ·
    We are sorry to inform our fans and supporters that we have been disqualified from our USA 100 win at Virginia Motor Speedway.
    The series director Kelley Carlton has reached out to us to let us know that our right rear tire was the right compound but wasn’t the one they specified for this weekend.
    We reached out to Kelley prior to the race on Thursday night about a right rear spec 70 that we already had and was told as long as it says spec D70 it was legal. It was encouraged to get tires ahead of time due to the current tire shortage and availability. We had one from earlier events.
    My brother Brandon personally called Kelley and put him on speaker phone with my Dad standing beside him as they called out the tire specs and numbers on the tire. We did this to ensure there were no issues and that they knew exactly what tire we were running. Kelley stated that as long as it says spec D70 we were good to race.
    Then at the track before the feature an Ultimate Series official checked every drivers right rear tire and nothing was brought up about our tire. Speaking with Kelley today, my Dad asked why this tire wasn’t said to be wrong before the feature and Kelley stated that the official didn’t know what he was looking at. Having an official tech tires before hand and then claiming that he doesn’t know what he was looking at afterwards is blatant disregard to ensuring fairness to all competitors.
    After we won the feature the series took a picture of a tire, a sample and a serial number. We still were never informed that anything was incorrect about the tire. The official congratulated us on our win and left the trailer.
    We were called today for the first time about the whole situation. Unfortunately the series director will not admit that he made a mistake when he told us that tire was legal beforehand. We apologize to all of our fans and sponsors that we unknowingly let down. With the current tire shortage we did our best to plan ahead and run a tire we already owned and did what we thought was necessary in reaching out to the series beforehand.
    What is really bothersome is that the series director Kelley Carlton is back tracking and saying that he told my brother Brandon while my Dad standing beside him on speaker phone that we needed to bring the tire to the tech trailer when we got to the track. This is something that was never said. It was also never brought up at the track. Blatantly lying and questioning my father and brothers integrity is something that I will not accept.
    To further clarify; the tire was not altered and there were no chemicals detected. The tire was approved on pit road as we were going out on the track; as well as after the race in post race tech. If there was any issue with the specification of the tire that went against the rules it should have been stated that night. There was no issue on the night of and this was not something that was later found. This was in plain sight and approved on the night of the race, before and after.
    After reaching out Hoosier, we asked what the difference was. The tire we ran is the exact same rubber and manufactured the same. It does have a different tread pattern but we still cut and groove the tire however we want regardless. All of this is irrelevant because Kelley stated that we could run it before hand.
    With how this situation has been handled, we have no intentions of supporting any events that Kelly Carlton is a part of due to his lack of integrity. As a family & team we feel as though this is an unjust decision and are highly disappointed in Kelly Carlton and the Ultimate Series. I’ve had a friendship with Kelley Carlton for a long time but at this point I will never turn my back on my family when their integrity is in question. We have raced for a long time, fair and by the rules and all this could have been avoided by Kelley admitting that he made a mistake. We look forward to the North South 100 this weekend.
    CFM

I'm sorry that your win was taken away, and you guys have always been a class act. There must have been a lot of objection regardless if it was valid or not. Sounds like it is not.

Good luck at Florence!!!
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Same sanction that screwed Eckert two years ago on bogus tire sample data. Go figure...

Hopefully flagone(Kelly) will respond on here and clear it up!

Definitely not a good look!

I love Ultimate here at Lancaster. This horrible news won’t affect my choice to still go to watch this series. We are lucky to have them race local here. They put on a good show.

From the Ultimate Series Facebook page.

Ultimate Super Late Model Series

If I could have everyone's attention for a minute please. I have called Bryan Connor Fergys Dad today and we are all going to sit down next week face to face. I wanted to do it this week, but they are leaving for the North South tomorrow.

I would appreciate if everyone would just chill out and lets get to the bottom of everything here. You DON'T KNOW and I DONT KNOW so we will get everyone in a room together and figure it out.

Thank you very much for your understanding and patience.

R. Stan Lester
    President
    ULTIMATE Super Late Models
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Shouldn't they have done that BEFORE they DQ'd him?????

Fergy of all people. I mean no one hates Mr Luke Bryan 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Fergy of all people. I mean no one hates Mr Luke Bryan 
    Another catch on your boytoy list?
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Looks like he's got plenty of them HH.😉

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Fergy is really good with kids at the track. Real fan friendly driver but I’m not a huge fan. I don’t root against him though.

Tire rules lol………
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Post of the week BBQ! Made me laugh!

As far as I know, Kelly runs the Flo races and a lot of races in the South. Especially most of the races in the Carolinas, so good luck with racing close to home!

Neither one of them have a reason to lie about it and neither have credibility issues either…….this will end up being a non story and both will still be winners.

ohhhhh...you gonna back track and give him the win back....blah blah blah...thats why these people fail....they wanted him there but aaaaaa..not to win

Last time I looked neither party involved in this conversation is failing at anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Last time I looked neither party involved in this conversation is failing at anything.
    Probably not failing in the big picture, but someone? sure screwed the pooch in this situation.

Just give Fergy the win back and let’s move on

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    Probably not failing in the big picture, but someone? sure screwed the pooch in this situation.
    I'd say everyone screwed the pooch.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1