Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I believe them both, hopefully they will get to the bottom of it and shake hands on the decision.

Oh, and…….Tire rule, Lmao.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

For 20k with 3 witnesses, id be consulting with a lawyer!Fact!

Someone needs to hold these series accountable!

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    For 20k with 3 witnesses, id be consulting with a lawyer!Fact!

Someone needs to hold these series accountable!
    It's a "he said", "he said" and there isn't a tire in the catalog that makes sense for there to be confusion. I don't see how anyone is blameless here.

As for everyone trying to take Fergys side, there's really no evidence to take a side.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Sounds like a good case of splitting hairs. Common sense would indicate the tire was not different enough from the legal
    tire to create an advantage. Sounds like the winner got the shaft and not the gold mine.

In a situation like this, it would have been best for Fergy to have handled this via email, or at least followed up, so that there could be no denying what he was told....but, I don't guess he figured he'd get a different story later either though, seeing as how this man was supposed to be a friend, and wouldn't think you'd need a paper trail.

Remember when we got both sides of the story before proclaiming guilt? Remember Duke Lacrosse? I prefer to get Ultimate's story, the pronounce the sentence if required. Chris told his, let's hear theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by BloomerHarvickFan View Post
    In a situation like this, it would have been best for Fergy to have handled this via email, or at least followed up, so that there could be no denying what he was told....but, I don't guess he figured he'd get a different story later either though, seeing as how this man was supposed to be a friend, and wouldn't think you'd need a paper trail.
    I'm not picking a side but I do agree with that. It's so easy to run to facebook and let the whole world know. It's kind of embarrassing really, yet a lot of racers do it.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    It's a "he said", "he said" and there isn't a tire in the catalog that makes sense for there to be confusion. I don't see how anyone is blameless here.

As for everyone trying to take Fergys side, there's really no evidence to take a side.
    How can you say that? They had tire tech BEFORE THE FEATURE. He passed tire tech. That should be the end of the story. How can they say the tire was OK before the feature then DQ him afterwards because the tire tech guy "didn't know what he was looking at"?

This should be a full investigation by DoD but that would require them to be actual impartial journalists instead of fan boys. Plus there's so much inbreeding (Kelcar, Uiltimate, DoD, Castrol, Wild West, The Dome) no one wants to get to the bottom of it.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    How can you say that? They had tire tech BEFORE THE FEATURE. He passed tire tech. That should be the end of the story. How can they say the tire was OK before the feature then DQ him afterwards because the tire tech guy "didn't know what he was looking at"?
    Any rule can be enforced before or after the race.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Runner View Post
    Sounds like a good case of splitting hairs. Common sense would indicate the tire was not different enough from the legal
    tire to create an advantage. Sounds like the winner got the shaft and not the gold mine.
    My common sense tells me if that was an economy tire carcass, it's a pretty big advantage. We don't know the story.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Any rule can be enforced before or after the race.
    They confirmed he was legal before the race. It's 100% impossible for him to be illegal after the race unless he was tire doping, which he was not.

Well if you told them they were legal and now you tell them they are illegal because somebody working for you made a mistake what you should of done is just let it go and tell the person that made the mistake what he did wrong were it don't happen again

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    They confirmed he was legal before the race. It's 100% impossible for him to be illegal after the race unless he was tire doping, which he was not.
    What are you taking as confirmation? A phone call? The fact the tech guy didn't tell him he was illegal before the race? Just because an illegal part made it thru tech last week, year, day or hour, it isn't legal going forward.

I'm no Kelly fan, but he seems to be getting a raw deal in the absence of public facts.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I’m fans of them both…..this is painful to see, I hope they work it out.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I’m a fan of one and friends with the other. Neither have done anything wrong. That’s fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    I'm not picking a side but I do agree with that. It's so easy to run to facebook and let the whole world know. It's kind of embarrassing really, yet a lot of racers do it.
    I meant on the front end, when he said he called to see if the tire would be ok. He should have handled that at least in a follow up email, just to confirm the tire, and if it would be allowed.
    Then, if he gets a yes, there's not any he said, he said.

Personally the biggest problem is when the phone call was made to Chris's dad. It was agreed they would discuss the issue after the north/south race. At the end of the Facebook rant it was signed with the initials CFM . So was it Chris ? his dad ? or someone else that posted the rant.

There is 2 sides to every story and so far we have only heard from 1 source and 36 previous threads on people making comments when the have no facts whatsoever from either side. Lester has not made any public comment that I am aware of, other than he must know something that no one else does.

My opinion, whomever posted the initial rant may be trying to get support from outside influence and that was very unprofessional. We got screwed and I want everyone to know about it. If you didn't think that person knew it would be commented on over and over. Well then you must be a Democrat, ( sarcasm )

a car owner whined AFTER the race, a big time car owner, so the dq happened

Quote Originally Posted by wfodirt66 View Post
    a car owner whined AFTER the race, a big time car owner, so the dq happened
    Ah ha now we're getting someplace