Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

You didn’t call him a coward……wasn’t directed at you penn, and was said tongue in cheek because Kelly is a highly trained EMT and I can’t see anyone standing there and saying that and not get punched in the gullet.

My point here is that neither of these guys are the type of people to be all douchy like the internet story is playing out, hopefully it will get worked out between them and we can all go back to talking about Bloomer and Bobby.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

We need the Ultimate series here in the Carolinas.

"Bottom line you shouldn't penalize someone for something your help done wrong straight your help out so that it don't happen again."

Reading all the comments here as well as the initial post, seems the help was not the problem (provided that person could read) but rather the race director. Now the boss (Lester) will be involved so let's see how that goes.

Hopefully a reasonable determination will resolve this unfortunate situation. It’s a “black eye” for dirt racing.

Tire rule, lol……..

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    We need the Ultimate series here in the Carolinas.
    Actually we don't. Losing a series, this one or another, would not hurt at all, and that is nothing to do with Ultimate.

I know everyone says the racing and the tracks suk in the south but the ultimates, clash and blue ridge guys put on some good racing around the Carolinas.
    Everyone in those parts are lucky to have them going up and down the road.

It has been time enough already . Any questions, comments, additions, or corrections to achieving a resolution of this matter ?

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    I know everyone says the racing and the tracks suk in the south but the ultimates, clash and blue ridge guys put on some good racing around the Carolinas. Everyone in those parts are lucky to have them going up and down the road.
    So true 👍 and Fergy is from right outside of Charlotte. I’m surprised Ultimate would JACK with him of all people.

I don't believe they are 'Jacking' with Chris, just a big unfortunate situation. My guess would be that another team new the rule better than the officials and now they are caught in a bad situation. KC has done nothing but help support dirt late model racing, he no more wants this trouble with Chris than we do. I am sure they will get it worked out, glad I am not in the middle as it looks like a no win situation from here.

Give Fergy Time the win back and all is good

I find it interesting throughout all this argument I didn't see anything about what the rules state. It literally says ANY 70 is allowed, no brand specified. If he was running a 70 it should be legal...

From the Ultimate Rule book
    TIRES TIRES NOT CONFORMING TO MANUFACTURER'S BENCHMARK WILL BE DEEMED ILLEGAL Tire rule: 2 compounds: Hoosier 1350 or 1600 and American Racer SD48 or MD56 (no Arts 56). ANY 70 will also be allowed as an option for the RIGHT REAR ONLY. Tire usage may be limited based on available supplies. Grooving and siping is allowed.

Say

Quote Originally Posted by MotoMatt View Post
    I find it interesting throughout all this argument I didn't see anything about what the rules state. It literally says ANY 70 is allowed, no brand specified. If he was running a 70 it should be legal...From the Ultimate Rule bookTIRES TIRES NOT CONFORMING TO MANUFACTURER'S BENCHMARK WILL BE DEEMED ILLEGAL Tire rule: 2 compounds: Hoosier 1350 or 1600 and American Racer SD48 or MD56 (no Arts 56). ANY 70 will also be allowed as an option for the RIGHT REAR ONLY. Tire usage may be limited based on available supplies. Grooving and siping is allowed.Say
    I believe they had a special RR tire rule for the VMS race from a post I saw on facebook at one point. I believe they specified a LCB 70 and Chris supposedly had a LSB 70

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox28 View Post
    I believe they had a special RR tire rule for the VMS race from a post I saw on facebook at one point. I believe they specified a LCB 70 and Chris supposedly had a LSB 70
    You are correct. The rules postings are still up in various places
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

So it says ANY 70 is allowed ? Maybe Stan Lester needs to man up and say we screwed the pooch.

Read posts above yours dirt4u, geesh

Now would be a great time for everyone to get serious about the tire rule…..EVERYONE.

It shouldn’t be like the tax code.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    So it says ANY 70 is allowed ? Maybe Stan Lester needs to man up and say we screwed the pooch.
    For feature teams can change the LR and RR. The RR will be mandated to be a Hoosier LCB Late Model D70 or American Racer HD70 only for the 50 lap feature.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by dirtSLMracing View Post
    If it was stated in the rules before the race what tire was legal for the race then I dont see what is so confusing. If Chris didnt have the tire listed then he should have been DQ'ed.
    He said he talked to series officials and the officials told him the tire he was going to use was legal.

This happens a lot. One example, I race in a series that has a written rule that we can groove our front tires in the cross threads with a #1 blade but they verbally say you can groove with a bigger blade.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtSLMracing View Post
    If it was listed on what tire was to be used then why did he need to ask someone if his tire was legal?
    Because in the last few year with the tire issue the rules have changed some. Maybe he want to clarify what he can use and that was the answer he got.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1