Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Knoxville Lights

If you haven't been to K'Ville lateltly and you are going to the Late Model Nationals, you are in for a real treat. The new lights there are pretty cool. The track lighting itself is premium, but the light show in the pit area is pretty impressive. Makes me wonder if there are any other tracks that do this.

I hate this track. The big walls ruin it for me. I can’t even watch a race from there.

I went there with my dad and my son around 2000...maybe 2001...for the sprint nationals. I have not seen better racing anywhere else. The track was just as good for the A-main on Saturday night as it was for qualifying on Wednesday night. I have not been to a facility that takes care of the racing surface like this place. I'm not saying that there isn't one. I'm saying that I have not been to one.

That place is badass.....

#2 why do big walls ruin a racetrack for you? the 100 lap A main for the LOLMDS is by far the best 100 lapper around. knoxville always produces good racing, in any classes. ive seen imca hobbys put on superb races there.
    Everybody Love Everybody!
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

ftfiowa -- Amen.

That poster is constantly negative. I feel sorry for people that have to deal with him on a daily basis.

Regarding the original post, I went to the 1st night of the 360 Nationals last week and the lights/light show is impressive.

Also, you may see a video of them on the internet somewhere (I did after being there), but it will not accurately depict the new lights.

fasttrackfan did you stop posting vids on yt? really miss seeing them from you

#7 we haven't filmed anywhere in 2022, the tracks all have agreements with ppv streams and were no longer allowed to film for the most part.
    Everybody Love Everybody!
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

Quote Originally Posted by wuss View Post
    If you haven't been to K'Ville lateltly and you are going to the Late Model Nationals, you are in for a real treat. The new lights there are pretty cool. The track lighting itself is premium, but the light show in the pit area is pretty impressive. Makes me wonder if there are any other tracks that do this.
    Is racing so boring now we are resorting to light shows at the track for entertainment?

Fly, you hate Knoxville but love Cherokee?

Never heard of someone not liking a race track because it has big walls. That's a new one for me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    Fly, you hate Knoxville but love Cherokee?
    Cherokee isn’t my fav but I do go there. It has banking and you see some passing. It looks like a dirt track should look. I don’t see good passing at Knoxville. Never have. The big walls make it harder to see. I see nothing special about this place. If you want a paved track environment then go to a paved track.

The city embraces the track, has race flags in their city logo. Going to either the Nationals this week or the LM Nationals next month should be on every race fans bucket list. Fun 3-4 nights of racing and taking the area in.

Track is great for the city. No doubt. Iowa isn’t exactly a hot tourist destination.

I mean Knoxville racing is 10x better than Cherokee's. But that's just my opinion.

There are several tracks that have these new LED lighting systems. They're not cheap. Easily $500k depending on the size of the track and number of poles that are needed. I'd guess they have $750k+ in their setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    I mean Knoxville racing is 10x better than Cherokee's. But that's just my opinion.
    After 12 hour drive to get there? I’d rather put the money on Florida speedweeks and enjoy everything Florida has to offer.

The other thing is that Knoxville is a Sprint car haven. Let the sprint car peeps have it. That’s their domaine. Sprint cars are better there than late models, SRX OR NASCAR.

The people, food and beer at Knoxville are worth the 12 hour drive--and the racing program will be top notch. Agree it is Sprint Car hallowed ground, but they know how to put on a show (went to a night of the 360 nationals last year and show was complete by 9:30 that night). No dust, etc.- would be hard pressed to find anything that compares (and no way in the Charlotte area---Wythe if they ran a big show maybe).

Quote Originally Posted by MRM View Post
    There are several tracks that have these new LED lighting systems. They're not cheap. Easily $500k depending on the size of the track and number of poles that are needed. I'd guess they have $750k+ in their setup.
    A Musco PR stated a $1M lighting system was approved to be installed at the track. Wow.....