Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Commanders ?

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    And guess what they will work for the team under the new name. Again it's a name change.
    And that’s why a lot of employees could give 2 sh&ts now about the company they work for

That might be and they will have to make a choice to move on or continue to work there. By the way I'm not for any of the name changes that have gone on but, like I said for others it means something to them or are offended by it. I never said I agreed but, I do have to look at their side as well and if it's just a name change for me maybe not you but, for me I don't care.

That might be and they will have to make a choice to move on or continue to work there. By the way I'm not for any of the name changes that have gone on but, like I said for others it means something to them or are offended by it. I never said I agreed but, I do have to look at their side as well and if it's just a name change for me maybe not you but, for me I don't care.
    Did your friend get an ID yet ?

Again BBQ I could care less if they change names. That's my point some of us don't care. It's a name and nothing more. I just don't understand people getting so, upset over something so, small.
    The question is, how do you perceive these things as "small"?
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Wrong in your eyes but, not others or the name would have never been changed so, there's that. Trust me the last I'm going to do is worry about your outrage. You act like your the only one who lives in this country and others are just suppose to go along with how you want things done. That's not how it works.
    Why do I even try to debate you?????

The real point is not even about the names getting changed? It's the people that are forcing these changes throughout the nation.

Actual Patroitic Americans actually understand the real reasons for these assaults on our heritage. But obvoiusly you are not educated and willing to look at things with any depth..

Little children just starting out in life I can understand, but you've been around for quite some time now!!!!
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    The question is, how do you perceive these things as "small"?
    I would say a name change is pretty small in my opinion you feel differently so be it. No one has said you can't feel the way you do. Have it man. I just don't think it's that big of a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    Why do I even try to debate you?????

The real point is not even about the names getting changed? It's the people that are forcing these changes throughout the nation.

Actual Patroitic Americans actually understand the real reasons for these assaults on our heritage. But obvoiusly you are not educated and willing to look at things with any depth..

Little children just starting out in life I can understand, but you've been around for quite some time now!!!!
    The owners didn't have to change the name. They decided it was in their best interest to do so. Like I said not everyone agrees with your way of thinking but, you have every right to feel the way you do and they have every right to feel the way they do but, in the end the owner decided to make the change. Like I said it's just a name.

The owners didn't have to change the name. They decided it was in their best interest to do so. Like I said not everyone agrees with your way of thinking but, you have every right to feel the way you do and they have every right to feel the way they do but, in the end the owner decided to make the change. Like I said it's just a name.
    I don’t watch or support either of these teams now. Pure woke idiocy by both organizations.

Flyboy trust me they weighed their options and calculated some of you would leave but, not enough will leave to hurt them that bad hence the name change. No one is making you watch any of if you don't want. I can't even remember the last time I sat down and watch professional teams play
    Last edited by kidrock; 08-14-2022 at 07:33 PM.

I don’t watch that much pro stick and ball sports either now a days. It ain’t what it used to be.

Flyboy trust me they weighed their options and calculated some of you would leave but, not enough will leave to hurt them that bad hence the name change. No one is making you watch any of if you don't want. I can't even remember the last time I sat down and watch professional teams play

Man you guys really need to get a life if your gonna worry or complain about what some city calls their team or stadium lol
    I can't believe anyone really cares about this kind of stuff but, here you guys are. I guess it really bothers you guys. I'm just like WOW.
    Funny analogy ---- the Leftist got all bent out of shape for 4 years over “mean tweets”.

Lurker and now some are upset over a name change.

Flyboy I agree it's just not the same

Flyboy I agree it's just not the same

The Redskin name was very offensive to many native Americans some didn’t really care but a lot of the elders yes. Some tribes it was more offensive than to others. The word Redskin was first used when the government put a bounty out for the scalps of native Americans and you had bounty hunters running wild cutting off heads and half skinning natives alive for money. So to many you can see where that is a offensive term it’s basically like calling a black person a n!gger or a gay person a f@ggot. Also with the Redskin name at games you had people doing war dances and that was considered a mockery of native heritage as well as doing the tomahawk chop as a mockery making them all look like a bunch of savages. I’ve asked the question when I would be in Cherokee, NC to some whether the name was derogatory to them some said yes and would explain these reasons as to why and some just didn’t give a sh!t because it was sports and nothing they was interested in. To me personally I can see any Native American or any descendants of native Americans being offended. It doesn’t really bother me for teams having native Americans names or references but I don’t like it being made a mockery keep it where it’s a honor to have the name instead of a joke. I figured I had enough Cherokee blood in me to chime in on this so if I got long winded about it I apologize.

It was fine for 60 years and then it wasn’t. It is really about a few people feeling good for themselves because they took away something that a lot of people liked. I say it’s time to QUIT paying tribes tax dollars because of things that happened 150 years ago. None of us had anything to do with it.

It was fine for 60 years for some people but, not all. Are you upset with the Team because, their the ones who changed the name. They didn't have to.

Fortunately around here the leader of the local Indian tribe goes to meetings and tells folks NOT to change the name of their teams. Mostly high schools. He does not want Indian heritage canceled.

BOO HOO ! ! I have Irish blood in my heritage . I'm very offended by the name The Fighting Irish of Notre Dame. It implies that my people did nothing more than go around beating on people. Aren't I entitled to a name change and some sort of financial gain ? ?