Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Commanders ?

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    BOO HOO ! ! I have Irish blood in my heritage . I'm very offended by the name The Fighting Irish of Notre Dame. It implies that my people did nothing more than go around beating on people. Aren't I entitled to a name change and some sort of financial gain ? ?
    Just think how many names you would have to change with the leftist mentality ? It’s ludicrous. Now they want to change the name of Ft Bragg. Freakin idiot morons.

And they will ,that’s the sad part ! I think WHITE AMERICAN CHEESE has
    to be in their cross hairs also !

Funny.  these lefty folks need to get jobs. They sit around their two bedroom apartment all day and come up with these idiotic ways to Jack with people.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Fortunately around here the leader of the local Indian tribe goes to meetings and tells folks NOT to change the name of their teams. Mostly high schools. He does not want Indian heritage canceled.
    I'm with him but, others are not hence the name change

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    I'm with him but, others are not hence the name change
    Their dumb nut bags and we shouldn’t let them do this stuff.

Indian tribes attacked and slaughtered each other all the time. So where is the outrage over that?

The Europeans that came to this nation, came to an inhabited land that was not a nation or organized in any way. In fact many of them migrated to the United States land mass themselves, no different than Eurpeans coming here at all.

The name Redskins has always been the Washington football name since they were created. If it was not offensive then, then why now? Anarchists are getting their way in changing sports names, and destoying our history for several years now. It really took hold when Obummer became president.

The name Indians is offensive? Really? When team owners go "woke" this is what you get. Any whim they please to do becomes justified in their own minds. They enjoy dismantling the American heritage.

Kidrock there are radicals that want to blowup Mount Rushmore, or at least change the name of it. I suppose that is also something that doesn't matter to you at all also.

Our past leaders are "offensive" to them. They would rather build statues of George Floyd and immortalize a man that was nothing more than a crooked druggie, that stole on a small scale and never did anything in his life. But since he represents a way to damage the nation and cause police and law enforcement to come under harm and many to actually be killed then they come up with a new national holiday called Juneteenth. This is an outrage, but kidrock sits back and chugs another cut rate beer and yawns in indifference.
    Last edited by Buford.Justice; 08-15-2022 at 01:33 PM.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    Indian tribes attacked and slaughtered each other all the time. So where is the outrage over that?

The Europeans that came to this nation, came to an inhabited land that was not a nation or organized in any way. In fact many of them migrated to the United States land mass themselves, no different than Eurpeans coming here at all.

The name Redskins has always been the Washington football name since they were created. If it was not offensive then, then why now? Anarchists are getting their way in changing sports names, and destoying our history for several years now. It really took hold when Obummer became president.

The name Indians is offensive? Really? When team owners go "woke" this is what you get. Any whim they please to do becomes justified in their own minds. They enjoy dismantling the American heritage.

Kidrock there are radicals that want to blowup Mount Rushmore, or at least change the name of it. I suppose that is also something that doesn't matter to you at all also.

Our past leaders are "offensive" to them. They would rather build statues of George Floyd and immortalize a man that was nothing more than a crooked druggie, that stole on a small scale and never did anything in his life. But since he represents a way to damage the nation and cause police and law enforcement to come under harm and many to actually be killed then they come up with a new national holiday called Juneteenth. This is an outrage, but kidrock sits back and chugs another cut rate beer and yawns in indifference.
    To answer your 3rd paragraph there Buford, It was offensive back then but you didn’t hear about people raising hell about stuff like you do now. The same thing that is offensive and derogatory now to certain tribes and members was back then as well. I do believe there was protests against the name back in the 1980’s maybe even before but nothing ever gained any traction back then.

1st amendment (they can call a team anything they want). These anarchists attack the money and the company but that’s nonsense and should not be allowed

And on top of that Washington and Cleveland both picked awful horrendous new names for the teams. They double jacked it all up.

As my Proverbs wise dad told me once........if you base any of your decisions on the exceptions, and not the overwhelming majority........YOU WILL FAIL!

Nuff said!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post

Not sure if you're able to keep up but, I said I wasn't for changing the names of sports team but, others are hence the name change. No I'm not for Changing anything at Mount Rushmore and that includes adding Presidents.

What I know Clayton is I never want to be like you. By the way I don't drink. As far as George Floyd all I'm going to say about it is if he had to just complied with law enforcement and done what they ask he would probably still be alive to this day but, had Officer Chauvin not kept his knee on his throat he would still be alive to this day. The rest was just BS political crap. That's right both sides went and politized the crap out of and still are to this day but, as far as the holiday I don't care about that. It doesn't affect me in anyway. I back Law Enforcement. I do work for several police officers and trust me they are great guys. gals and take their job very seriously and in no way would I be for defunding the police. Like that's going to turn out great for everyone. That's so stupid.

And on top of that Washington and Cleveland both picked awful horrendous new names for the teams. They double jacked it all up.
    lol, that hasn't help that's for sure.

lol, that hasn't help that's for sure.
    What were they thinking

What were they thinking
    How to please the 1%!!!

What were they thinking
    I'm guessing it was picked out of a helmet lol

I'm guessing it was picked out of a helmet lol
    Souvenir sales must not be good.

Souvenir sales must not be good.
    That would be interesting to know how good it's going. That might be an indication on how the fans have excepted the name change

Hey at least the Intimidators baseball team dropped Theresa issues and went with a new name. Now the Kannapolis Cannon Ballers. Sounds like Theresa was giving them issues with rights to the name Intimidators.

That would be interesting to know how good it's going. That might be an indication on how the fans have excepted the name change
    They claimed the overwhelming choice was Red Wolves but they run into some sort of trademark rights from other teams so they come up with this Commanders name although it wasn’t a popular choice that’s the one they chose. I was hoping for some kind of Native American related name just for the tradition of the franchise but that could have resulted in the same situation at some point later. One of those d@mned if you do d@mned if you don’t things I guess.

One man gang that's interesting. I'm curious as to what the trademark problem would have been form other teams. That seems kind of odd.