Thread: Lr stack rates

Default Lr stack rates

Anybody have any experience with stack springs on the left rear when a heavier driver is in a car? Chassis builders basic setup sheet calls for a 75# spring preloaded 1.5 inches at full droop (112.5 lbs). But when utilizing this set up and driver climbs in car it causes car to lose bar angle making car lazy on restarts Went to a 125 spring and car seems to be more predictable and fire better on restarts. I only preloaded this spring about a half inch. Should I set preload to get close to the 112.5 lbs or try to come up with some kind of stack setup? I have a spring smasher but car builder says to use the preload method to set the left rear. Thanks in advance guys

Quote Originally Posted by doyle hargraves View Post
    Anybody have any experience with stack springs on the left rear when a heavier driver is in a car? Chassis builders basic setup sheet calls for a 75# spring preloaded 1.5 inches at full droop (112.5 lbs). But when utilizing this set up and driver climbs in car it causes car to lose bar angle making car lazy on restarts Went to a 125 spring and car seems to be more predictable and fire better on restarts. I only preloaded this spring about a half inch. Should I set preload to get close to the 112.5 lbs or try to come up with some kind of stack setup? I have a spring smasher but car builder says to use the preload method to set the left rear. Thanks in advance guys
    Just prop it up with a bumpstop. Don't overthink it.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I can tell you this much them fat boys win races no bs!!!!!!!!