Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox28 View Post
    the racing is pretty boring because its all aero and signal sticks. Even the modifieds were having aero trouble when someone took their line away.
    I shook my head when they put spoilers back. I know it's small, but why?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I just don’t think we are going back to 2001, you can’t put the toothpaste back in the tube

Drop Shock,

It's no different than ending the wedge. I'd actually argue it's a smaller step.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by latemodelman View Post
    still need to make it where a normal man can run at a track that makes 60,000 a year and make a feature. or else you will get 40 cars at a big race. If payout was like this 10 years ago you would see 80 cars at the north south and the million would have had 200
    Talk to some people running a crate, limited, or steel block LM's why they aren't running supers? I'll guarantee most/majority of the answers will be: IT COSTS TOO MUCH FOR A SUPER ENGINE.

So the question should be why is it necessary to have 900HP 9000RPM engines to compete at the big shows? Then take out timing, put small carbs on or use restrictor's to kill power once it slows down or slicks off.

You need it to qualify and not be buried in a heat race and maybe still need it for an early heat race. Then if it's a 2 day show and B's are the next day, many times the B's are hammer down heavy.

The argument will always be there to how to NOT need that much expensive HP only to kill power it later on in the actual race (Taking generalizations here, some tracks don't need a power reduction come A main time).

Is it:

Aero
    Soft tires
    Suspension
    Shocks
    etc

You can argue which ever one or ones you want, but taking away the need for large HP will cut costs but you can also argue that will that make the racing better? Nobody knows for sure until it's done (especially the aero) but it sure seems like the place to start.

You need to remember the 2 biggest expenses for touring teams isn't the cars, shocks or the like, it's engines/rebuilds and team labor. Labor as in full time crew guys and help on the road.

Anything you do will obviously add other issues, take going to a harder tire. Now any sort of doping will pay huge dividends if we all go to a super hard tire that doesn't hook up well. So now your back to tire testing being hugely important.

There are no 100% correct answers here

First you had the wedge cars. NOW you have the twisted wedge cars. #1 aero needs to be addressed, if they don't over the winter I for one will be surprised. But, then again, moving the LR shock mounts back to where they belong would be an easy rule also and that's never going to happen either.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    First you had the wedge cars. NOW you have the twisted wedge cars. #1 aero needs to be addressed, if they don't over the winter I for one will be surprised. But, then again, moving the LR shock mounts back to where they belong would be an easy rule also and that's never going to happen either.
    Put the shock mounts wherever you want, dirtcrazy. My car will go exactly the same speed. I can still get the thrust, wheel rate, and steer I want.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

we keep having this conversation...until somebody on the inside says enough, they just gonna run it into the ground, doing what they want......