Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default North South 100 Unsanctioned to Start next year Rumors??

I heard that with paying the purse and sanctioning fees the King Family was thinking of running next years race as an unsanctioned race payouts to stay the same and tickets the same. Also mods will stay the same except a bump in purse money for Saturday. Anyone else hear that?

[QUOTE=latemodelman;2439305]I heard that with paying the purse and sanctioning fees the King Family was thinking of running next years race as an unsanctioned race payouts to stay the same and tickets the same. Also mods will stay the same except a bump in purse money for Saturday. Anyone else hear that?[/QU

The race is contracted with Lucas Oil and Sunoco through 2023.

Just announced the 41st Annual Sunoco North South 100 Presented by Lucas Oil will be on August 10, 11, and 12, 2023.

If they did that, Lucas and WoO both would prob schedule against it.

latemodelman the next time the same people that told this rumor tells you another one next year I would question it lol. Just Kidding man

Quote Originally Posted by EDERDS View Post
    If they did that, Lucas and WoO both would prob schedule against it.
    That’s not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    latemodelman the next time the same people that told this rumor tells you another one next year I would question it lol. Just Kidding man
    Did your friend get an ID yet ?

(would un-sanctioned race bring a different group of racers, knowing everybody with the same chance, NO sanction interplay) 60 cars is 60 cars....other groups wanna schedule against them, oh well.....They do already them other big shows avg. 40 cars this weekend....so.....what ever they do, take $ome off the top and spread it around 3rd-15th..
    Last edited by racerx99; 08-13-2022 at 10:42 PM.

There was a time "they didn't need a series" and they ran it unsanctioned. Look at how few guys have ran every race in each series. It could have worked this year.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Last night was such a snoozer. Congrats to Jonathon on the win. They've certainly hit on the right set up and combinations. I'm not a mechanic. What involves tech for the Lucas series? His car was so jacked up, sideways, one side sticking way up, body panels offset. When the race was done, James said "he has to cross the scales and pass the droop test". That it for tech?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Clod View Post
    Last night was such a snoozer. Congrats to Jonathon on the win. They've certainly hit on the right set up and combinations. I'm not a mechanic. What involves tech for the Lucas series? His car was so jacked up, sideways, one side sticking way up, body panels offset. When the race was done, James said "he has to cross the scales and pass the droop test". That it for tech?
    These days, the holy grail is the droop test and nothing else matters. In 2016, they was worried about any suspension that didn't look like it came out of a catalog. In both instances, they just let the bodies get more and more crazy. Thing is, that downforce is what ruins the racing.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    These days, the holy grail is the droop test and nothing else matters. In 2016, they was worried about any suspension that didn't look like it came out of a catalog. In both instances, they just let the bodies get more and more crazy. Thing is, that downforce is what ruins the racing.
    You are so right, it's exactly what happened to Nascar

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    The body on that car is rediculous. I hadn't seen it in person til Friday. It didn't look like that at the beginning of the year. As long he passes the droop rule, he can show up in a F1 car win, and it wouldn't matter.

Thanks for the replies, guys. It's sad to think that downforce has taken over dirt late model racing. Totally agree on the aero. When I read earlier this year that dirt late models were going to wind tunnels, I knew the sport was heading the wrong way. #49 car reminded me of Gary Balough's bat mobile. Dirt late models need a body and rule reset for sure.

The question is who has the guts to be the next Bob Memmer and reel the rules back in? All they have to do is go back to the body rules of the early 2000s and get the noses back off the ground and the racing will be a lot better.

I say put the cars into a rule where the bodies have to be straight and like Gear Head said noses off the ground. Also Fender flares are to be eliminated. Cars should look like 1999 to 2001. Also open the tires up so you can run an American Racer and a Hoosier Tire anytime. It will allow more guys to get a shot and not worry about a tire shortage. Also maybe lower costs by having a $150 shock claiming rule and get away from those big expensive shocks. If costs are lower you might bring back the weekly stuff. Need to get back to where a normal guy that makes $60,000 a year can afford to run a car that 10 to 15 years old and still have a shot to make a feature but not spend $2,000 a night to do it.

Hate to say it, but I e returned to mostly watching sprints, especially the All Stars and midgets. The late models look like twisted, wrecked cars and the racing generally isn’t good unless you can throw a slider. About 5 to 6 cars have a chance to win any of the big races, and that’s it

Question

Quote Originally Posted by latemodelman View Post
    I say put the cars into a rule where the bodies have to be straight and like Gear Head said noses off the ground. Also Fender flares are to be eliminated. Cars should look like 1999 to 2001. Also open the tires up so you can run an American Racer and a Hoosier Tire anytime. It will allow more guys to get a shot and not worry about a tire shortage. Also maybe lower costs by having a $150 shock claiming rule and get away from those big expensive shocks. If costs are lower you might bring back the weekly stuff. Need to get back to where a normal guy that makes $60,000 a year can afford to run a car that 10 to 15 years old and still have a shot to make a feature but not spend $2,000 a night to do it.
    Shocks really aren't a problem. I promise you they aren't. We've had good, buildable shocks for over 20 years now. Guys can buy the newest one, but it's only as good as the guy building it and it's still a piston sliding thru oil to produce a force vs velocity. Even more important is the guy at the track twisting on the knobs. The adjustment range is much larger than is actually needed. If you are looking at a sheet to decide what to do with the knobs, then money spent on the latest and greatest is a donation for sure.

I mean an XR1 from Shinston is basically running the same hardware that was on a blue/gray.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 08-14-2022 at 01:59 PM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

the racing is pretty boring because its all aero and signal sticks. Even the modifieds were having aero trouble when someone took their line away.

still need to make it where a normal man can run at a track that makes 60,000 a year and make a feature. or else you will get 40 cars at a big race. If payout was like this 10 years ago you would see 80 cars at the north south and the million would have had 200