Default North Alabama Closed Today...Again.Per Facebook

Once again North Alabama Speedway has shut down today per their Facebook page.

Late Model Mark

LMM, your the announcer correct ? or am I getting my tracks confused ? They didn't even inform you they where locking the gates ?

im not sure why youre saying again, the mitchell's ran it for 5 years before turning the lease over to the new ones this year in a less than ideal economy

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    LMM, your the announcer correct ? or am I getting my tracks confused ? They didn't even inform you they where locking the gates ?
    Pretty sure LMM is with TST

Bates wants to sell the track, but the track has negative issues. Nobody is going to pay that ridiculous asking price for a dump. NAS closes when college football roles around anyway. Can't race without a water truck and it would be unwise to put money into a worn out dump at the end of the season. Sewage in the restroom. Rotten boards bending when in the stands. I stopped attending a while back for that place needs investments, plus paying $15 to get in......The rumor is that the bulldozer is coming out for an all new NAS starting this fall, believe it when I see it.

Ocents, thanks for the correction.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
    Bates wants to sell the track, but the track has negative issues. Nobody is going to pay that ridiculous asking price for a dump. NAS closes when college football roles around anyway. Can't race without a water truck and it would be unwise to put money into a worn out dump at the end of the season. Sewage in the restroom. Rotten boards bending when in the stands. I stopped attending a while back for that place needs investments, plus paying $15 to get in......The rumor is that the bulldozer is coming out for an all new NAS starting this fall, believe it when I see it.
    Someone complaining about paying $15 to go to the races is a big part of the problem this track may have.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    Someone complaining about paying $15 to go to the races is a big part of the problem this track may have.
    I'd bet those complaining about $15 tickets spend more than that every day on beer & cigs. Pick yer poison.

Quote Originally Posted by KTMLew View Post
    I'd bet those complaining about $15 tickets spend more than that every day on beer & cigs. Pick yer poison.
    NAS used to charge $10 to get in and then went up to $15 and some of the locals acted like it was a crime against humanity to do that. I agree with NorthAlabama on the comment about the place in desperate need of repair maybe that 5 extra dollars was going to be part of fixing the place but in all honestly nobody wanted to pay $15 to sit in a sh!thole. KTMLew you exactly right some people will pay a $100 a weekend to support their habits then b!tch, moan and raise 9 kinds of hell about paying $15-$20 to go to a race and find even more sh!t to complain about afterwards.

Sounds like fiscally responsible people to me. They used up their money and they don’t want to go in debt over this track.

The owner is greedy milking the revolving renters for every penny, thus they pass the cost to the attendees which is not responsible. Ten dollars is the normal crate gate price, with some going to twelve dollars in the area. But to jump to fifteen dollars from ten for a little weekly crate race, no. A family with kids can not afford the extra twenty to thirty dollars plus concessions going out the roof. That is why the track is on the path to death. Fort Paynes big races were twelve dollars and runs slms weekly for ten dollars, and they are doing great with a large weekly fan base.

LMM was announcing at Moulton when it as one dollar and a can of food at the gate with 2000 fans on a weekly race. Concessions were doing food runs to keep up with food sales with a line forever. The fly by night promoters passes the high cost onto the fans, get rid of them and prices will come back down.

Luke-#28, Remember the folks before Jeff Greer? They closed it, started to get overgrown, Jeff and "Granny" came in and ran and tried very hard, they threw in the towel. It was dead for some time getting overgrown again, the B Mitchell came in, threw in the towel and passed it on to the lates guy. The towel has been tossed again.

I really like NAS but it is showing her age and is beat up. Restrooms are horrible, the grandstands are dangerous, the facility needs a lot of work. Between the fences on the track is decent but it needs a revamp and reconfiguration, new clay, steeper banking, getting tilled up and watered during the week and not the night before. The scoreboard needs some help as well as the sound system and lighting. That all will cost a boatload of $$$.

LMM

Why do fans destroy bathrooms every darn week at dirt tracks? Why? What’s up with this?

the question should be why build bath rooms that people can destroy, block walls with metal poopers stops 99% of it, they want to act like prisoners treat them that way,

i always laugh when some expect people to act better, hello its people, not that is right but 90% of said problem is the drinkers (and yes the trouble makers in the pits) but dont expect them to act different, just adjust accordingly

and put a 4 inch drain with a floor that is sloped to it and hose her down every week, no you shouldnt have to do it but again its people and the public, go to the fair, same issue

as far as getting cussed, woo get in the customer service industry, its an everyday thing, there arent any good days anymore, laugh at them and roll on, let it piss them off, dont waste your time on them
    Last edited by grt74; 08-18-2022 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Late_Model_Mark View Post
    Luke-#28, Remember the folks before Jeff Greer? They closed it, started to get overgrown, Jeff and "Granny" came in and ran and tried very hard, they threw in the towel. It was dead for some time getting overgrown again, the B Mitchell came in, threw in the towel and passed it on to the lates guy. The towel has been tossed again.

I really like NAS but it is showing her age and is beat up. Restrooms are horrible, the grandstands are dangerous, the facility needs a lot of work. Between the fences on the track is decent but it needs a revamp and reconfiguration, new clay, steeper banking, getting tilled up and watered during the week and not the night before. The scoreboard needs some help as well as the sound system and lighting. That all will cost a boatload of $$$.

LMM
    greer hasnt had the track in over 15 years. i know you have bias for tst but all the exact same complaints can be said about it prior to adam, bathrooms not fit for a dog, ive seen more train races there than all other places combined. Finally hes making improvements needed decades ago. Id say nas is in the same boat it just doesnt have a nascar track across the road to add value. NAS is still the raciest track in alabama and hopefully the economy improves or this is gonna happen a bunch in the coming months, i saw penton closed up yesterday as well

This is another “demographic” situation. But that demographic will never admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by riddle28 View Post
    greer hasnt had the track in over 15 years. i know you have bias for tst but all the exact same complaints can be said about it prior to adam, bathrooms not fit for a dog, ive seen more train races there than all other places combined. Finally hes making improvements needed decades ago. Id say nas is in the same boat it just doesnt have a nascar track across the road to add value. NAS is still the raciest track in alabama and hopefully the economy improves or this is gonna happen a bunch in the coming months, i saw penton closed up yesterday as well
    I may be wrong but best of my memory didn’t Greer run track in mid 2000’s up to 2014 ? Then Wayne Burns attempted to promote it for half the year but Jeff took back over and finished out the 2014 season. It sit idle until 2017 when Mitchell took over as promoter up until this year when the Decauter fella became promoter.

Several years ago I went to Nas and it was getting late and a guy told me the races want be over till about 3 or 4 o'clock in the morning I don't know who was running the place but I thought this place want be in business long.I can name of a lot of race tracks that done the same thing and they are all out of business