Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Perhaps some of yall should watch Figure 8 racing!....smh!
    Watched some Saturday night, it was very entertaining.

But this dirt late model stuff needs a correction, for sure. To the contrary though, I have watched a ton of races this year, and have seen some very good ones. But some have stunk it up due to the bodies, for sure.

There may have been a rare exception Saturday night at Talladega, we had some in my view, good action in the feature. Page and Winger put on a show, the action thru out the field had passing and movement if you did not focus only on the lead battle. 2 grooves allowed these overly aero dependent cars to actually race, from my angle the whole track could be used. The crowd liked it as I got many a positive comment about the track and show.

The body's need some heavy tweaking for sure.

Late Model Mark
    TST Announcer

I agree wake me up too were I live they want too run 8.9.even 10 classes they don't pay anything because they run so many classes and all you got is a wore out race track and follow the leader racing.

This is why Florida speed weeks is epic and why East Bay is still the best dirt track in the country for late models.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    This is why Florida speed weeks is epic and why East Bay is still the best dirt track in the country for late models.
    Many would beg to differ that statement ! !

The North/South 100 is usually a really good race. There are always some stinkers for any track. Davenport is on such a roll that he can make any show look bad. I think had they not been required to go to live TV at 10:00, the track crew would have done more work to the track than what they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    Many would beg to differ that statement ! !
    I’m sure they will.

Mrm is right. The tv deal isn’t helping Lucas at all unfortunately

I thought the over racing at Florence was fine. Track was fine although the cushion was not as good as It has been. As far as the dominating of the 49 etc. The thing that would make the racing better is to invert the lineups. Lucas doesn't want to do it. So you have a dominate car starting up front in every one of his races and drives off to easy victory. So it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    I thought the over racing at Florence was fine. Track was fine although the cushion was not as good as It has been. As far as the dominating of the 49 etc. The thing that would make the racing better is to invert the lineups. Lucas doesn't want to do it. So you have a dominate car starting up front in every one of his races and drives off to easy victory. So it goes.
    You can't create a good cushion when the track is too hard packed and dry, Thursdays rain seems to always prompt too much packing and not enough wateriing for the rest of the weekend.
    Last edited by Buford.Justice; 08-15-2022 at 03:24 PM.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

modified short track super series has it right .no time trials pill draw for heat races top three in heat races redraw for feature

Quote Originally Posted by allbrandauto View Post
    modified short track super series has it right .no time trials pill draw for heat races top three in heat races redraw for feature
    Yep, id be fine with a pill draw for heats!

I grew up around fendered late models, streets and later the modifieds. That’s what’s in my blood. Never saw an open wheel event until maybe 20 years ago, didn’t care for it. But over the years I find I’m less interested in late models unless it’s the IMCA cars in Iowa or the Nebraska based SLMR series. And more interested to see a non-wing sprint or midget race or modifieds. In my opinion they’re the most competitive fields and harder to predict a winner. The tingle is just no longer there for most late model races I see. I thought I might be the only one but seems there is some discontent in the ranks.
    I hate time trials.

https://fb.watch/eWBUVpnjQy/ Get the body rules back to here

Take the spoilers off. Doesn't cost a penny and the racing would get better.

Flattening the decks would be the best place to start. The rest will take care of itself from there.

The cars look awesome now. Those flat cars back in the 90’s and early 2000’s looked like dog turds.

These c clamp cars of today look like a twisted turd