Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JabberJaws83 View Post
    These c clamp cars of today look like a twisted turd
    More exciting 😜

There's an article on DoD where they discuss the lack of passing and the not one of those cowards call out the body design. For a media outlet, they aren't very gutsy. One person mentions "if it were determined to be some issue related to aerodynamics". If it WERE? Hasn't every single racer been saying that the last few years?

These so called reporters are a joke. Never do they ask a direct question in fear of p*ssing someone off and them not getting there free tickets to an event. Most of these guys that write these articles are not on a payroll. AARN and NSSN are 2 of the bigger dirt related papers and of course DOD. A promotor can put on the biggest sh*t show out there and never a word if they are present. Has anyone called Lester to ask what the outcome of Chris Ferguson getting shafted, or the WoO official jumping a guy. Never going to hear a word in print.

I've always said that a "barstool" type racing media outlet would do very well. It would be different and unlike anything in dirt late model media.

I’ve always had the idea that DoD should use the major platform that they have in dirt late model racing and do some fan interviews/interactions/articles/guest appearances. Let the fan use their platform to get their opinions on where they need to go.
    I have sadly realized that this most certainly never happen. DoD is a platform for they few that get a voice as employee and that’s it. They aren’t going to upset the apple cart for fear of upsetting their friends

The DoD folks have always been nice to me. I have talked to them a few times this year at various races. I think they are good to the fans.

I’m not saying they are rude to fans. I’m saying they could let our voice be heard on a platform that resonates to the people that influence dirt late model racing.

Two totally different things.

I think DOD is/has been great for Dirt racing but: at the track they are not friendly at all with fans/spectators. It’s like “don’t talk to me.” Maybe it’s because they are at work? Kinda like fans in the pit area during the race night and wanting to talk/b.s. with drivers while they are concentrating on the nights racing. Most drivers are much more approachable after the racing. I am a charter member of DOD & this has always been on my train of thoughts. The pre race vedios - they are energetic/enthusiast- but don’t try talking to Ben/DSuave at the track- you always get the cold shoulder- kinda like don’t speak to me. Rigsby on the other hand is quite different from the rest-but he has a unique personality- jolly/outgoing.
    Don’t get me wrong: DOD is a tremendous company for all of us in racing- I value/enjoy what they do. Nobody puts a pencil to an article like Kevin Kovac. Unfortunately with Rigsby’s new responsibilities at Flo he doesn’t get to attend as many dirt races as in the past & we don’t see him as much on DOD.
    As some of you have stated-they try to be politically correct and not ruffle feathers with the different series. To me -I understand it- they need to stay on hood standing as to cover/show highlight videos and ect. Just wish WOO/Dirtvision would allow them to show heat race recap videos- probably not going to happen especially now with the deal with MAVTV. I think it promotes the series, teams, drivers and sponsors with DOD being allowed to promote with their audience.

It's due to cars areo out of control, plus the formats, put 1 or 2 laps together in qualifying start on pole race 2 hrs later where God forbid everyone else has to actually race there way in . Just because you can qualify dosent mean you should get a free ride the rest of the night. Drp qualifying- pill draw for heats invert the heats w/ out letting them no the invert (Billy Moyer sandbag rule.) Keep em guessing. Top 8 from heats actually race for the pole remember a thing called dashes. Late models have Falken to the almighty buck and have really started to ruin it. The fat cats will get all they can out of it then go about there merry way , and just totally destroy Late Model racing.

Just making the bodies straight, flat and symmetrical and actually enforcing it would fix a ton and not significantly change the look of the cars.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Lets just be honest, most of these big events are sadly about the experience and not the racing. Good racing has become secondary. Look at a track like Eldora, 90% of the people that will go to the world could care less about the racing, its about the experience, the toilet water, buying big name drivers shirts and Eldora shirts passing the small time guys shirts and stuff all together. Its the state of the sport. Mark my word, 90+ % of the shirts worn will be either world 100 shirts, Davenport, Overton, Pierce, Shepherd, Tmac, a few Owens and Bloomer, and if any of those win its a great weekend. Racing really doesnt matter at these big events. trust me!

Quote Originally Posted by play4kps View Post
    Lets just be honest, most of these big events are sadly about the experience and not the racing. Good racing has become secondary. Look at a track like Eldora, 90% of the people that will go to the world could care less about the racing, its about the experience, the toilet water, buying big name drivers shirts and Eldora shirts passing the small time guys shirts and stuff all together. Its the state of the sport. Mark my word, 90+ % of the shirts worn will be either world 100 shirts, Davenport, Overton, Pierce, Shepherd, Tmac, a few Owens and Bloomer, and if any of those win its a great weekend. Racing really doesnt matter at these big events. trust me!
    and sadly..these are the events that should be expected to put on the best shows. Instead, everyone gives them a free pass and craps on the small town track that isn't perfect.

This is absolutely 100% false.

While the Dream 100 and World 100 are still to be determined, I thought the Eldora Million feature this year was good. Sure Davenport came out on top as usual but it was a heck of a battle between him and McCredie there in the late stages. Don't forget Madden came from dang near the rear of the field to win it!. Of course if you were watching from home you didn't see any of Madden's charge through the field hardly as they didn't show much out of the top 5.

Get rid of the stick signals. Had they not moved Davenport up we would’ve likely had a different winner in the North South. There’s many other problems but the signals have to go all across DLM racing.

Maybe you go for the experience, but that is not the case for most of us.

Jimbo, I do not go for the experience, but that is what so many people are saying anymore!

Jimbo, I do not go for the experience, but that is what so many people are saying anymore!
    It seems like you are the only one saying it.

If the experience you speak of is to get wasted, pass out at yer camper, and miss the race then yes you are correct. Seen plenty of it.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    If the experience you speak of is to get wasted, pass out at yer camper, and miss the race then yes you are correct. Seen plenty of it.
    IE: Blackwater 100 in West Virginia back-in-the-day.