Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I can't disagree. Any track I've been to in the last few years (aside from Port Royal) it's been a race to the bottom in turn 1 after the initial green. If the initial leader doesn't have mechanical problems, flat, or come across lapped cars who won't move, 9 times out of 10 they win. Might see a pass or 2 on a restart but that's usually it unless guys start running over each other to pass. I'm not a fan of the Delaware double file restart. I've seen plenty of great races in the past when they'd still line em up single file after a caution. Street and hobby classes, even ucars seem to put on the best races now a days.

Wow, Wow, wow, I was going to start a thread saying the same thing, These aero cars have go to go! The racing this year has been below average at best, some of the bullrings on the Summer nationals tour, Port Royal, Lucas Oil speedway, has been good, but thats it! Eldora sucked, Florence sucked ,and etc. I was at Florence last night and I heard several comments about the lack of actual racing this year. One guy compared the NS to watching 100 laps of qualifying. A few years ago Bloomquist started proving its all about the car and little about the driver, with exceptions to smaller tracks. But right now, it doesnt matter how good of a racer you are, your not making much of a difference with the technology that has creeped its ugly head into this sport. modifieds are still passing, WOO sprints, All star sprints and USAC has had great racing this year. Im a Super late model dirt guy, but honestly, if Im home, Im watching sprints over late models until this is addressed. To be honest with you, for a lot of drivers, its almost a waste of time to show up if you arent Davenport, Overton, Madden, Mccreadie, RTJ, or Shepherd. Its really sad whats happened. people have commented on it and everyone said its great. How great is it?

So true North Alabama!

That type of race surface from last night at Florence has produced incredible racing in the past, The problem is They turn a blind eye to violations or just dont care. Im actually floored it took this long for people to talk about it! Bloomquist proved it all about the car and little about the driver at Eldora, who could forget. He knew where it was going back then, maybe thats why hes not racing anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    PDC was far from a snooze fest. Yes, Sheppy led flag to flag but their was good racing behind him. Not every event can be race of the year.
    Their have been some really good races this year. Unfortunately they didn't have Mavtv exposure. Venture away from Lucas and you'll see better racing.
    Ding, Ding! This is soo true!!

Yet these tracks still continue to have massive crowds. Only way things will change is if crowds decline, then MAYBE

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    And the cushion was pretty limited I'm thinking.
    All you gotta do is check the 11's lap times.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I watch a lot more sprint/midget races for the simple fact that they throw slider after slider without having a sissyfit. Late model guy's could learn a little here.
    Agreed............................................ ....

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier_Dirt View Post
    Yet these tracks still continue to have massive crowds. Only way things will change is if crowds decline, then MAYBE
    The fans aren’t going away. As far as fans go, the sport couldn’t be in better shape. As someone else said, it’s the 100-lappers that have become snoozers. There’s been plenty of great racing this year otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier_Dirt View Post
    Ding, Ding! This is soo true!!
    If you don’t think the racing is down this year then idk what to tell you. It’s easy to see. FALS is the exception.

The formats at these races lend themselves to this kind of racing.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Watch the WoO show at Davenport. Bet it’ll be good. We’ll see what Davenport can do at Davenport. Gonna be lots of good cars here.

Perhaps some of yall should watch Figure 8 racing!....smh!

Davenport will probably end up having 3 of the top 5 best races of the year come December. They already have 2 IMO as of now.

Hey Zero, the only figure 8 stuff nowadays is probably a gay guy on skates.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
    Hey Zero, the only figure 8 stuff nowadays is probably a gay guy on skates.
    Saturday August 6th Rockfords World Famous Figure 8 Trailer Race. It's made my "race of the year " a couple times. Their are some good YouTube videos of it.
    8/13/16

Put some good old street stocks on the track and put a carrot out there.

Quote Originally Posted by 0_VodooChild_0 View Post
    Funny how it works when you qualify, then put the fast cars in the front of the heat races, then put those same fast cars at the front of the feature......WTF, do you think is gonna happen???? Jesus H Chri$t ...it is racing NOT follow the freaking leader freight train watching. If I wanted that, I would go down the the B & N RR tracks...hellava lot cheaper....
    CHANGE THE QUALIFYING PROCESS. MAKE THEM RACE THEIR WAY IN. PASSING POINTS, DRAW/REDRAW, SOME KID IN THE STAND DRAWS THE STARTING LINE UP
    Go tell the guys racing for a living that you’re gonna penalize them for being faster than everyone else, then watch them leave your series. Pill draw and redraws have a place at local races. Expecting pill draws for a $75,000 to win race is just plain dumb

Drop shock, you nailed the problem, too many guys are racing for a living, this sport gained popularity on the small guy having a chance. Now there is no chance of that. To be honest, at any race you go to now, Lucas Oil, Eldora, and Woo there is usually only 4 or 5 cars that got a legitimate chance to win the race. In todays late model world its 95% car, 5% driver. Put Davenport, Overton and Mcreadie in Scott James, Trevor Landrum or Jessie Lays car and see where they finish! Josh Rice won the last Lucas race there, his car was on the edge of madness every lap, Davenports car looked to be out on a Sunday drive.Right now this sport is all about the car, little about driver.

Drop shock, let them leave, the sport would be better for it.