Default Who really makes the calls on the rules page for SLM today

You notice I said page. As we all have made mention it seems that the less rules we have in racing the more the well funded teams rise to the front. You look at every professional racing series out there and who's cars and teams are the ones to beat.

When the PRI show rolls around, because it's a time when you have all the heavy hitters in the sport in one location at the same time. Just who is it today that sits down and says these are the rules to race in are series ? You had the droop rule, which was adopted by both series almost immediately. I just don't see the benefits of the rule because aero is out of control as it now stands.

Are the 2 series worried about loosing cars if one makes a rule change and the other decides not to follow ? I think in the ever changing landscape of slm racing, big money, like in every other form of racing is definitely starting to have an impact on that rules page. Are they not seeing the freight train racing, the smaller teams make up the sport and I don't see to many new owners jumping into racing. I'd like to know the budget of Lance Landers Team 49, or Mark Richards and the Rocket house car.

Outside of the safety things why do we need rules? Why not have run what you brung ?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    You notice I said page. As we all have made mention it seems that the less rules we have in racing the more the well funded teams rise to the front. You look at every professional racing series out there and who's cars and teams are the ones to beat.

When the PRI show rolls around, because it's a time when you have all the heavy hitters in the sport in one location at the same time. Just who is it today that sits down and says these are the rules to race in are series ? You had the droop rule, which was adopted by both series almost immediately. I just don't see the benefits of the rule because aero is out of control as it now stands.

Are the 2 series worried about loosing cars if one makes a rule change and the other decides not to follow ? I think in the ever changing landscape of slm racing, big money, like in every other form of racing is definitely starting to have an impact on that rules page. Are they not seeing the freight train racing, the smaller teams make up the sport and I don't see to many new owners jumping into racing. I'd like to know the budget of Lance Landers Team 49, or Mark Richards and the Rocket house car.
    I couldn't possibly disagree with your first sentences more. More rules does not help lower funded teams. More rules makes people who only want to buy speed sleep better at night.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

There are no easy answers here when you're talking about trying to help the lower funded teams. Many have said if you can't afford a super late model then maybe you should drop down a class. If you can't afford a modified then maybe you should get a street stock. ect. ect.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    There are no easy answers here when you're talking about trying to help the lower funded teams. Many have said if you can't afford a super late model then maybe you should drop down a class. If you can't afford a modified then maybe you should get a street stock. ect. ect.
    What if you could afford to do it until the overseers ruined it?

How is selling all your stuff for pennies on the dollar and starting over, a money-saving endeavor?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1