17.) Jacob Hawkins #37
    18.) Tim McCreadie #39
    19.) Earl Pearson jr #46
    20.) Kyle Thomas #57
    21.) Garrett Alberson #58
    22.) Hudson O'Neal #71
    23.) Steve Weigle #75
    24.) Max Blair #111
    Last edited by Pennsboro32; 09-02-2022 at 06:49 AM.

Add Mason Zeigler per website.

Add Drake Troutman per his website.

Added: Max Blair #111

This feels like another example of how Lucas Oil sanctioning took the luster away from another crown jewel. Hillbilly 100 during its first run at Tyler County always felt like a big deal

Quote Originally Posted by Drop Shock View Post
    This feels like another example of how Lucas Oil sanctioning took the luster away from another crown jewel. Hillbilly 100 during its first run at Tyler County always felt like a big deal
    I would have to agree with you. It's lost some luster. Between 1998-2008 it was really good, specifically 06-08. The Hillbilly was climbing crown jewel status at that time sort of like FALS has done recently. The racing was excellent, the buzz was big, and the car counts were in the 80s.

Removed: Jonathan Davenport #49

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    I would have to agree with you. It's lost some luster. Between 1998-2008 it was really good, specifically 06-08. The Hillbilly was climbing crown jewel status at that time sort of like FALS has done recently. The racing was excellent, the buzz was big, and the car counts were in the 80s.
    It seems being a Lucas show, it's pushed out a lot of teams that are borderline competitive and could maybe run 5-15th place back in that time frame. A lot of those type of guys have left the sport too.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

It might be " EASY PICKINS " for somebody then if J. D. is a no show ? ?

If memory serves me right, it was always a Monday night also. Alot of guys would run Eldora Sunday Night and then head to Tyler County for Monday. I remember seeing 80 late models at Eldora and about 50 of them would high tail it to the Hillbilly on Monday.

Add Corey Conley

I don’t think this is a Lucas problem. Any race just before World 100 week will struggle now. With the costs of racing in general added to finding parts and now tires, a lot of teams that may have gone will just skip to get ready and save their stuff for Eldora.

Quote Originally Posted by Drop Shock View Post
    I went to the 1st Hillbilly in 1988 when still held at Pennsboro. Over 100 cars entered in the late 80s and 90s.You never knew who would show up. I think the current Lucas Oil sanction has killed that former spirit. They cater to their full time members these days instead of being more impartial on these big shows. The smaller teams will not support this anymore as they can do better at another race.It was just a whole experience in itself to say you participated in this race previously. It was a good atmosphere.

General Question

If it wasn’t a Lucas race - how many cars/fans would be in attendance? Just curious- it seems most comments are against Lucas. With the World 100 next week- if the 10 Lucas teams didn’t go- how many cars would show? How many of the Lucas guys would show?
    Not pro/con on the subject- but I think Carl Short gets the benefit of Lucas Oil publicity/ and race day officials. Plus he knows the Lucas regulars will be there because of points. In todays racing world:at 30k without a National Tour- probably just a regional show?
    I do understand what some of you are saying about the tradition If the race.

Kryptonite, the hillbilly being sanctioned by lucas oil isn't the only problem but I do think it's a problem. If this race was $30,000 to win unsanctioned, more WV/PA/OH local and regional teams would attend. IMO Lucas and some media outlets treat this race as a standard lucas oil series race. It's no longer looked at as a crown jewel or even borderline crown jewel in my honest opinion. The excitement for this race isn't what it once was but I do believe making it unsanctioned would help with car counts, and overall interest. I would rather see 40-45 regional/local drivers with a handful of national stars mixed in, than the current situation we have today.

You are correct on Eldora, it has destroyed our events in the Mountain state. Teams can't race here and then be expected to be at Eldora two days later, therefor many of the national guys are also skipping the Hillbilly. Regional stars like (Overton, Marlar, JD, are skipping the event to be prepared for the World 100), and I honestly can't blame them because the Hillbilly has lost luster and Eldora is Eldora.

If we're being honest, Carl has to take some of the blame as well. He has not grown the event IMO. A decade ago, the Hillbilly was on the rise as one of the bigger races in the country at one of the raciest tracks. It sort of had a FALS like feel in the mid 00's. The purse increased every year it was ran during that time. How can you pay $40,000 to win in 2008 and pay $30,000 to win in 2022? It's gone backwards. It's honestly hard for me to get excited for the event.

i think another problem this year is that they are running the rained out dream on wednesday before the world.

Pennsboro I can agree. Lucas isn’t the only problem but I can see where if it were unsanctioned it may get more cars. I’d like to see both Lucas and WoO off the weekend before the world and Dream to let smaller series kind of get that weekend to shine. Lucas has shown they’re willing to put up big money this year it’s just like the hillbilly has been left behind. But the local and regional guys have to come out too. If you look just at Batesville a few weeks ago they had a ton of locals. No marlar, no Madden. I think there’s different factors and it’s a shame really.

IMO, they should drop the sanction. The race doesn't need it to survive. Local/Regional guys do not want buy the tires they have to have to run the race for one, then you have the competition too. It's basically a big hole for someone that doesn't feel like they can be competitive against those guys. I would almost bet the Lucas regulars would like it better not having to race the weekend before the most prestigious race of the year. No sanction would also give teams the option to run either the baltes or hillbilly.

I'm 40mins away from prp and do not understand why they have 3 Lucas races there a year. I wish they (Lucas) would drop that race too.

Add: Zach Hill #7H

It sucks that some of the drivers don’t show up, but for me it’s my favorite race of the year.