Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    Kryptonite, the hillbilly being sanctioned by lucas oil isn't the only problem but I do think it's a problem. If this race was $30,000 to win unsanctioned, more WV/PA/OH local and regional teams would attend. IMO Lucas and some media outlets treat this race as a standard lucas oil series race. It's no longer looked at as a crown jewel or even borderline crown jewel in my honest opinion. The excitement for this race isn't what it once was but I do believe making it unsanctioned would help with car counts, and overall interest. I would rather see 40-45 regional/local drivers with a handful of national stars mixed in, than the current situation we have today.

You are correct on Eldora, it has destroyed our events in the Mountain state. Teams can't race here and then be expected to be at Eldora two days later, therefor many of the national guys are also skipping the Hillbilly. Regional stars like (Overton, Marlar, JD, are skipping the event to be prepared for the World 100), and I honestly can't blame them because the Hillbilly has lost luster and Eldora is Eldora.

If we're being honest, Carl has to take some of the blame as well. He has not grown the event IMO. A decade ago, the Hillbilly was on the rise as one of the bigger races in the country at one of the raciest tracks. It sort of had a FALS like feel in the mid 00's. The purse increased every year it was ran during that time. How can you pay $40,000 to win in 2008 and pay $30,000 to win in 2022? It's gone backwards. It's honestly hard for me to get excited for the event.
    Carl who? Never heard of her!

Added: Matt Lux #21

Remove fergy.

Looks like they won't even get 24.

This race is cursed.

Rained out

Thursday September 29th. Hillbilly thursday raceway 7 Friday pittsburgher saturday

Atomic the night before with FLO.

Eldora cancelled today too