Tanner Mullens Claims Career Win in Grant Junghans Memorial
Receives Over $21,000 for Friday Night USMTS Victory at Lakeside Speedway.

WICHITA, Kan. (08/16/22) – Tanner Mullens raced to the biggest win of his career on Friday night at Lakeside Speedway. His triumph in the United States Modified Touring Series (USMTS) sanctioned Grant Junghans Memorial netted him over $21,000.

His seventh win of the 2022 campaign was achieved behind the wheel of his Mel Hambelton Ford No. 02 Sandlian Iron & Metal / Mullens Race Car / Mullens Racing Engine Modified.

“What a hot rod we had at Lakeside (Speedway) on Friday night. My team gave me a great car, and I did my job. It was a heck of a night and just unreal to win over $21,000. It means a lot to win the race in Grant’s (Junghans) memory, and I thank his family for putting together such a great show for us,” Mullens said. “We’re working on getting our backup car back together, so I don’t know if we’ll race anywhere this week or not.

“Thank you to all of our sponsors, who make it possible for us to continue to travel up and down the road.”

Tanner Mullens returned to the road with the United States Modified Touring Series (USMTS) on Thursday with a visit to Dallas County Speedway (Urbana, Mo.) for the third annual Wehrs Machine Bullring Bash.

With a second-place finish in his heat race lining him up seventh on the starting grid for the opening night feature, Mullens muscled forward three positions in the 42-lapper to register a fourth-place finish. He trailed Darron Fuqua, Jason Hughes, and Shane DeVolder to the checkers with Dustin Sorensen in fifth.

On Friday evening at Lakeside Speedway (Kansas City, Kan.) for the Grant Junghans Memorial, Tanner followed up a heat victory with a second-place finish in the speed dash. Leading flag-to-flag in the 42-lap feature, Mullens raced to a $20,002 victory with an additional $1,000 received for his finish in the dash.

He recorded his seventh win of the season ahead of Terry Phillips, Dustin Sorensen, Tyler Davis, and Rodney Sanders.

For the weekend finale on Saturday at I-70 Speedway (Odessa, Mo.), Mullens secured his spot into the $5,000-to-win A-Main with a heat race win. Improving two positions in the 42-lap affair, Tanner crossed the line in fifth, which came behind Rodney Sanders, Lucas Schott, Dereck Ramirez, and Jason Hughes.

Tanner resides second in the latest USMTS point standings.

Full results from the weekend as well as the latest series standings are available at www.USMTS.com .

The team is currently unsure if they will race anywhere this weekend as they work to get their backup car assembled. As dates are finalized, they will be added to the team schedule at www.tannermullens.com/schedules/ .

Tanner Mullens Racing would to like to thank all of their marketing partners, which include Mel Hambelton Ford, Sandlian Iron & Metal, BCC Signs & Graphics, Bergman Tax & Accounting, Doherty Brothers Construction, Knoche Farms, CPD Racing Shocks Hebbs Automotive & Machine, Integra Racing Shocks, Mullens Racing Chassis, Mullens Racing Engines, Mullens Fabrication, PEM Racing Gears & Drivetrain, Strength Roofing & Siding, Swift Springs, Velocita, Wehrs Machine, and MyRacePass Marketing Services.

For more information on Tanner Mullens Racing, please visit www.TannerMullens.com .

PR Contact:
Ben Shelton (ben.shelton@myracepass.com)