Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    Anybody got any info on that new track in Orangeburg SC?
    Being built as part of the South Carolina Motorplex by Justin Hinson. Word I’ve heard is same classes as Sumter speedway. Still a ways to go on getting the track finished. At least based on the last photos I seen which were around April.

3/8th mile track

Sounds like the 1 time I was able to go there. Didn't happen to be a WOO race that Fergy won was it?

*won't let me quote but that was in response to BBQ in post #56

Quote Originally Posted by weatherman85 View Post
    ^^^^While I never attended Dublin in person, I do remember seeing videos on an old Carolina racing website, now long gone, of that joints weekly shows the 1st couple of years after it reopened. Scott Autry had that place figured out and was tough to beat. Recall seeing him at many Carolina Clash races back in the day. Looked like some great racing there and always said I wanted to attend a race. Hate that its just sitting now.
    Dublin was probably the best track along the coast, almost always able to pass on it. BBQ, I actually spoke with Travis Hair a couple of weeks ago at Lakeview. He always ran well in the Rodney Rich car.

So what is the bad history of Friendship? The claim that the track new owners wanted clean the place up? Well, a shooting by a federal felon black male one year ago, fights, rude people, tax dodgers, trashers. Sounds like it was written by a female who had to blow off steam and did not know how to run a track. All of those issues are easily handled.....Never seen anything like that kind of mess around this part of the South.

There really is no "bad history" of Friendship, no different than any other track. I guess the promotor did not appreciate a person spitting in his face and finally had enough. The track is theirs to do as they wish, I know the promotor well enough to tell you that he had all intentions of creating a great place for the racers; just did not realize how much crap he would need to deal with and it was more than he was willing to accept. We all have what we will tolerate and how far we can be pushed, he found his. Hopefully we see it back soon, as the other track in that area of NC seems to be gone as well (311)....

311 got fd….by one guy and one guy only.

Yes jlacy, that was the one that fergy won….but wasn’t the only highlight for my experience that night.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by EvelB7 View Post
    Dublin was probably the best track along the coast, almost always able to pass on it. BBQ, I actually spoke with Travis Hair a couple of weeks ago at Lakeview. He always ran well in the Rodney Rich car.
    He sure did. I couldn’t wait to get there to see how the racing would shake out every week….all the classes had great racing……it’s cool to hear from a driver that has raced a bunch of places how good Dublin really was from your perspective…. the fans always knew it.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox28 View Post
    Saying "well tracks should know its going to happen and just accept it" is part of the problem. People show NO respect to a place they enjoy coming to and they show NO respect to the people who put on the show. Most people don't criticize tracks..they run the promoters, the workers, and anyone else involved into the ground with insults, cursing, violence, sometimes even death threats. They destroy property, steal property or trespass, they leave their trash everywhere. Business owners aren't robots..they are humans, too and sometimes you get tired of the crap you put up with.
    A well rounded post ! Hire bouncers and throw the riff-raff out ! ! Probably half or more are on relief anyway and shouldn't be allowed to spend our tax money on anything except essentials . . .

Even when I didn't have a car at Dublin I would ride over with Blankenship because I thought the place was great. We were always late and Larry was always wide open.... Always had to be careful and avoid the rattlesnakes in the pits...

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox28 View Post
    Saying "well tracks should know its going to happen and just accept it" is part of the problem. People show NO respect to a place they enjoy coming to and they show NO respect to the people who put on the show. Most people don't criticize tracks..they run the promoters, the workers, and anyone else involved into the ground with insults, cursing, violence, sometimes even death threats. They destroy property, steal property or trespass, they leave their trash everywhere. Business owners aren't robots..they are humans, too and sometimes you get tired of the crap you put up with.
    I agree with all of that. They were good to get out when they could before it turned into what happened at the Lancaster track .