Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    North Carolinians had better pull their heads out of the dark zone or there will be no venues to watch dirt track racing. Friendship is gone, 311 is now, literally, a junk yard, the great little bullring known as Wayne County has been gone too long and so has Dublin.
    Metrolina, Thunder Valley- both gone. Carolina is holding on by a thread, nearby Chester (SC) gone....

Virginia, yes, but close enough to Carolina: Ararat closed as well. Asphalt seems to be the only type track doing well in my area, unfortunately, and maybe because they figured out how to run a program with fewer classes, and get you out at a decent time. I know some of you want to spend the night, but you are not in a majority.

The south would be a great place to live, I enjoy my beach trips down that way. Only things that have kept me from living there is the racing and lack of mature deer.

NC one of the most beautiful spots in the country……Not many states you can catch a flounder on the coast in the morning and eat it for dinner the same night after your last ski run in the high country.

Come on down to the coast Penn…… There’s a few mature deer around here, if that doesn’t work We’ll Put you in a boat and go offshore a ways and let you reel in something about the size of a small deer…. The USA is a great country and all of our states have some redeeming features of some sort, I wish great solid dirt track racing was one of ours here in the Carolinas.

Our racers are solid, but they race or some funky stuff. No doubt
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

On another note, any chance you will be at Lakeview next weekend BBQ?

Might have to take you up on that BBQ

Quote Originally Posted by EvelB7 View Post
    On another note, any chance you will be at Lakeview next weekend BBQ?
    Yes if I can get my work schedule to line up right…..I was going to try and find you a couple weeks ago but never made it to the outside pits after the SS race.

How many people do you travel with now?

I believe there will only be 3 of us that weekend, where in the infield will you be- will come find you when we get there.

Where can you stay at Lakeview? Can you camp? I’ve never been down there but it’s a bit too far to drive home after the race for us.

Quote Originally Posted by EvelB7 View Post
    Metrolina, Thunder Valley- both gone. Carolina is holding on by a thread, nearby Chester (SC) gone....
    Lancaster, Carolina, Harris, East Lincoln, Cherokee, Sumter (all going strong). Should I list more?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0W20D2t7tOM . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7bAl17DfoI . You gotta get to these places early just to find a good seat
    Last edited by Rajflyboy; 08-18-2022 at 01:59 PM.

I've seen the thin skin comments. I don't know what these people supposedly said to the owners. I've heard people say some bad things to owners before. No one has to take some of the things I've heard people say to owners. One of the worst things I've heard was from some fans mad because they couldn't understand a no rain check policy that said some awful things to a female promoter. It was unacceptable. But I've heard owners say some pretty bad things to drivers too. It goes both ways. People should just calm down.

The last time I was there, I believe it was a HAT series race, I remember it was extremely dusty.

Quote Originally Posted by gorj View Post
    The last time I was there, I believe it was a HAT series race, I remember it was extremely dusty.
    Friendship is always dusty but hay what's wrong w a lil extra seasoning for your fry's🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    The south would be a great place to live, I enjoy my beach trips down that way. Only things that have kept me from living there is the racing and lack of mature deer.
    Trust me, it’s not a great place to live. I can’t wait to move back north. But Georgia does have beaches, which we are close to thankfully, and mountains that are awesome, but not near us.

As for the deer, we count anywhere from 10-15 in the field beside our house every night. And recently as many as 24. That doesn’t include the babies we can’t see in the peanut fields. Saw two bucks last weekend.

Friendship is a cool place with a lot of history……..only been a handful of times but every time was good and once in particular I enjoyed the outcome immensely even though my guy didn’t win the race.

Living in the south is what you make out of it………just like any other place.

Anytime I hear the northerners talk about how the south is horrible and how great the north is I remind them that i95 has a northbound lane also in case they weren’t aware……I don’t know any better because I’ve lived along the coast in the south most of my life, if I were to make a change it would be to move to the highlands of NC or to the Sierra Nevada mtns on the Nevada side. f California

Highland is beautiful. That 64 corridor west of Hendersonville is beautiful

I definitely envy you southern folks in the winter. As far as deer, is there a state that isn't overrun with them critters?
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Friendship is always dusty but hay what's wrong w a lil extra seasoning for your fry's藍藍
    Lol
    Doesn’t sound like the track is living up to its name.