Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default JD in clean air is unreal…

Whatever his team or Rumley has figured out in aerodynamics makes that car a monster. When he catches up on the rear of the field or doesn’t start up front, it’s a different machine. Not saying they’re cheating, but they’ve got something figured out.

Tried to quote 4 times...that car is so much faster from middle of corner off. Just incredible.

He’s able to diamond cut the turns and just flies out of them. Something is most definitely different on his car.

The body for one.

Huh, everyone is looking at the obvious, the body. But, is there something else under there that Rumley has figured out. No one can deny, Rumley and JD are always on the same page. He may not always be there and yes JD has a talented bunch working on that thing. They have definitely found something.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Huh, everyone is looking at the obvious, the body. But, is there something else under there that Rumley has figured out. No one can deny, Rumley and JD are always on the same page. He may not always be there and yes JD has a talented bunch working on that thing. They have definitely found something.
    The car isn’t very good in dirty air but in clean airs he’s dominant. What’s that tell you?

Sometimes the obvious is the obvious. I read here that the device was a distraction too. It wasn't. It was 0.6 seconds of speed.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

I'm a little off topic here but, someone caught him every long run this weekend. Spencer Hughes did it twice, Owens did it, McCreadie did it, O'neal did it, McDowell did it. Two or three of those times cautions came out for cars slowing down to bring out a caution and JD would pull away on the restart. Not wrecking, just slowing down. That nonsense needs to be addressed.

We need Madden back soon. I love JD but he is definitely stinking up the show right now.

Quote Originally Posted by jr29 View Post
    I'm a little off topic here but, someone caught him every long run this weekend. Spencer Hughes did it twice, Owens did it, McCreadie did it, O'neal did it, McDowell did it. Two or three of those times cautions came out for cars slowing down to bring out a caution and JD would pull away on the restart. Not wrecking, just slowing down. That nonsense needs to be addressed.
    Yes but they only caught him because he was catching lap cars. On restarts he was untouchable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    We need Madden back soon. I love JD but he is definitely stinking up the show right now.
    Madden is even more boring than JD. I’m basically cheering for just about anybody not named Davenport or Madden at this point.

But he is the one who CAN beat JD. Honestly I like both of them.

i said this a few weeks ago, no doubt jd can drive, but they have found an advantage, mostly off the corner, he can pull 2-4 cars off the corner on starts and its that way for several laps, yes some have tracked him down like overton a week or two ago, but to little to late

they have found something for sure

Madden hasn’t quite been the same since he trashed his main car. You know the one that he was so adamant that they not take to hood off to move the car with two wreckers and blanketed the rear end as soon as it got to the pits.

Quote Originally Posted by jr29 View Post
    We seen what happened to him at deer creek when he decided to take a swing at the extra money.

IMO Madden has the better RACE car. Davenport has the best car when he doesn't have to race or pass people. It's pretty obvious that car slows down once he gets in traffic. Until someone can knock him off the front rows, this will be how the story end most weekends.

Nobody is giving credit JD as a driver. Did you see how many times he switched up his line to find the best way around?He doesn't rely on a cushion like a lot of drivers, he finds where the car works and goes there, and he has for years.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    We seen what happened to him at deer creek when he decided to take a swing at the extra money.

IMO Madden has the better RACE car. Davenport has the best car when he doesn't have to race or pass people. It's pretty obvious that car slows down once he gets in traffic. Until someone can knock him off the front rows, this will be how the story end most weekends.
    Or until cautions stop being thrown for cars coasting around at 1/4 speed.
    Get off the track.

And JD is an unbelievable driver. Even the best get passed though and I think it was about to happen to him last night.

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    Nobody is giving credit JD as a driver. Did you see how many times he switched up his line to find the best way around?He doesn't rely on a cushion like a lot of drivers, he finds where the car works and goes there, and he has for years.
    He is a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) good driver. He goes where Durham tells him to go with the sticks. He wasn't doing that just because he was searching.

I hope ole man Landers is paying Durham good money to tell Davenport where to run. From where I sit, he was going to get passed by Madden at Cedar Lake and Durham moved him up just in the nick of time. Same deal last night, 71 was set to go on by the top and right when he gets there, the 49 moves up. I get that every driver has signal guys, but at this point they might as well put radios back in the car. To me it is the same thing. I remember back in the 90s, Bloomer was one of the most outspoken drivers on the use of radios. As he would say, a guy runs the bottom the whole race, then as soon as you are about to pass him high, all of a sudden he moves up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleetus Motorsports View Post
    I hope ole man Landers is paying Durham good money to tell Davenport where to run. From where I sit, he was going to get passed by Madden at Cedar Lake and Durham moved him up just in the nick of time. Same deal last night, 71 was set to go on by the top and right when he gets there, the 49 moves up. I get that every driver has signal guys, but at this point they might as well put radios back in the car. To me it is the same thing. I remember back in the 90s, Bloomer was one of the most outspoken drivers on the use of radios. As he would say, a guy runs the bottom the whole race, then as soon as you are about to pass him high, all of a sudden he moves up.
    That dude left a cushy gig at Lucas to work his ass off for Landers. I'm sure he's doing just fine.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1