Thread: Flo @ Richmound

Default Flo @ Richmound

I think Rigsby needs to train these people before they stream a race.I dont want to watch the leader by himself all the time,need to show some cars that actually be side by side.

Yep...it was like watching a single car hot lap session.

The talent pool of people working to stream all the races presently available has been extremely thinned out. Many of the people doing these small shows have very little experience at the task at hand. Give it time as this whole streaming thing is still in its infancy. I'd be willing to bet that at some of these smaller tracks the person who is running the camera may have been cleaning the bleachers or driving a pack car earlier in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    The talent pool of people working to stream all the races presently available has been extremely thinned out. Many of the people doing these small shows have very little experience at the task at hand. Give it time as this whole streaming thing is still in its infancy. I'd be willing to bet that at some of these smaller tracks the person who is running the camera may have been cleaning the bleachers or driving a pack car earlier in the day.
    don't know about other places but the camera person at Richmond was a Flo employee and had no ties to the track.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox28 View Post
    don't know about other places but the camera person at Richmond was a Flo employee and had no ties to the track.
    The biggest issue is that the streaming companies don't want to pay talented camera operators, so they're employing anyone that has previously even turned on a camera. You get some decent cameramen for the big shows, but the smaller stuff is normally whatever local guy they can pay the lowest amount of money to.

I was just as annoyed there was no ticker. Thank goodness the scoreboard was in place to see the lap counter.

Whomever was in control of the cameras at Batesville did a great job of showing some good racing further back while JD was stinking up the show. For leading 100 laps, Davenport got little camera exposure throughout the race.
    8/13/16

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again … super late model racing is blessed with some amazing photographers, and has been for a long, long time. However, we are definitely lacking when it comes to videographers. Not that we don’t have talented people already in place; we just can’t keep up with the race streaming explosion over the past couple years. A couple Saturdays ago, Flo had 31 live dirt events in one night, and close to half of them were super late model shows. And then there’s other streaming services like DV, XR, and others. Where are we going to find more talented videographers? The answer is money. Who is more important to a broadcast? The video or the audio? How does the pay scale work for each?

the track, any track, should have some idea of the camera mans ability. it would be hard to do that job worst that what was done at richmond. if he was a flo employee, flo should be embarrassed. you would think they would want to put on a better show than that. so apparently all of our observations should be sent to flo.

I just wished they would have more wide camera views of the track. This isn't NASCAR racing on cookie cutter mile and half tracks. It's short rack racing. Show more of the track.