Thumbs up Gateway - If they were to replace the midgets with another class.

I saw, they are opening up the entry to a few more late model drivers and supposedly they will release that late model entry list in a few weeks.

The Modifieds are being invited 10 drivers at a time. They just posted the 3rd round of invites.

The 30 Mod drivers invited so far are:
    Austin Holcombe
    Chase Allen
    Derek Losh
    KC Burdette
    Kyle Steffens
    Lucas Lee
    Mike Harrison
    Ricky Thornton Jr.
    Trevor Anderson
    Tyler Peterson
    Austen Becerra
    Chad Bauer
    Chase Holland
    Dean Hoffman
    Jeff Larson
    Jordan Dresch
    Michael Ledford
    Mike McKinney
    Peyton Taylor
    Chad Sellers
    Drake Troutman
    Ethan Dotson
    Jack Sartain
    Josh Lemke
    Kenny Wallace
    Tim Nash
    Todd Sherman
    Trent Young
    Tyler Droste

Still see a lot of people here and there advocating for a 3rd class like Street Stocks, Micro's, or some other class to replace the midgets. I can't say that would be good or bad as I've seen a ton of good street stock races over the years and the Micro's are decent on smaller tracks. If They don't add a 3rd class, should they just open up the Modified invites from 40 to 60?
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - 5/25 Shadyhill
    2024 Season: 7 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Fairbury (IL) 2, Farmer City (IL) 1, Grundy Co (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 1, & Shadyhill (IN) 1

There are always a bunch of late model drivers that sign up that don’t show up

I personally believe they should have left the midgets for another year but opened up the entry like the late models and not did invitations.

With talking to other race fans in the sprint car community I have to agree with them that they could have gotten a good field of cars last year if they would have opened it up and not focused on inviting the elite drivers that were focusing on chili bowl and etc.

It might have been another flop as far as the car count, but I think it would have been worth a shot.