Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tyler Erb brings out a caution......

To make a suspension adjustment while a lap down in a race with 5 laps left.

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    To make a suspension adjustment while a lap down in a race with 5 laps left.
    That was some serious bullsheet.

Almost cost EPJ the race. It would have been non stop if it weren't for that questionable move. There should be a penalty for something like that, like an NHL delay of game penalty.

He’s a f***ing idiot and I hope one day someone does something very obvious that costs him a big win. I will become a instant fan of that driver.

Yeah I smelled fish on that one…

[quote=0_vodoochild_0;2440782]erb's moron move saved pearson. Rtj would have passed earl if it had went nonstop. Tyler erb is a non driving turd[/quot
    Last edited by Raceready; 08-28-2022 at 12:21 AM.

[QUOTE=Raceready;2440784]
    Quote Originally Posted by 0_vodoochild_0 View Post
    erb's moron move saved pearson. Rtj would have passed earl if it had went nonstop. Tyler erb is a non driving turd[/quot
    Tyler TURD ??

I brought this up after the Topless last weekend. Someone, I believe one of the Scotts, slowed down late in the race and almost certainly cost us a great finish. No flat, no problem that was apparent, just slow down then pull off.
    NASCAR has gotten a lot wrong over the years, but they get this one right. They won't tolerate a guy pulling this stuff.

Yeah Nascar is so messed up you can wreck people and they don't do anything to the person that caused the wreck they just keep their position

Quote Originally Posted by 3 wide View Post
    Yeah Nascar is so messed up you can wreck people and they don't do anything to the person that caused the wreck they just keep their position
    Like I said in my post, they get a lot wrong. Not everything.

Same rules in major DLM racing anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jr29 View Post
    I brought this up after the Topless last weekend. Someone, I believe one of the Scotts, slowed down late in the race and almost certainly cost us a great finish. No flat, no problem that was apparent, just slow down then pull off.NASCAR has gotten a lot wrong over the years, but they get this one right. They won't tolerate a guy pulling this stuff.
    They did with Denny Hamlin in St Louis with his waiting lap after lap for the 1 car to come around. He did it for 50 laps and could still not wreck Chastain. Ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    They did with Denny Hamlin in St Louis with his waiting lap after lap for the 1 car to come around. He did it for 50 laps and could still not wreck Chastain. Ha ha
    Did they throw a caution for him going slow ?

Quote Originally Posted by jr29 View Post
    Did they throw a caution for him going slow ?
    No. It was wacky to watch because I cannot recall them ever letting something like this go on and on. Even the announcers said it was ok.

This thread is a very good complaint. A lot of drivers do this after going a lap down or just before getting lapped. The big question is: how to you deter it?? That’s a deal that opens up a can of worms as for what can/cannot be done about it. How can you police it- or can you??

I think something needs to be done but I doubt anything will happen. Officials would have to use some discretion and too many teams and drivers and fans would whine and get their way.
    Actually, that's not all that different from what's happening. "My night isn't going well so I'm gonna interrupt the whole show because I want to."

he did the same thing at north south.looked like they let them change the right rear tire and to me it looked like was not flat.

Not to mention that as soon as Pearson lapped him Erb moved in right behind him thus blocking Thornton's run. Would Ricky have caught him? We'll never know but that's a move every racer knows you don't make, especially with only a few laps to go. Like the bonehead could improve his position with only a few to go.

I was happy to see EPJ get the win. It also shows just how much the aero in clean air is worth when Davenport and Sheppard, whom I both like, went basically nowhere when starting in the 4th row.

The only way people learn is by hitting them in the wallet.

This seemed to be a growing trend in a lot of the races I watched this summer. It's a pretty selfish act, but such is 2022...

If you don't have a tire down, you're done. Keep it in the infield. It's as simple as that.

There used to be a 1 lap penalty in the book for intentional bringing out the caution. Probably disappeared with body rules.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1