Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Shelton's Road to Eldora

At the risk of being called a Ben Shelton fanboy, I still must admit how much I enjoy his Road to Eldora bits. This is exactly the kind of behind the scenes stuff I love watching, and I think Shelton does a masterful job leading the interview, asking exactly what I'd ask if I were standing there. His pieces on Jimmy Owens, Marlar and ESPECIALLY the Bloomquist videos last year were off the charts. I thought I knew a lot about Bloomquist's history, but seeing that tiny apartment he lived in for years was very surprising. Can't wait for more of these and not that the World 100 needs more hype, but these videos he's producing just add to the excitement and I hope he keeps them up in the future. KUDOS Ben Shelton, if there is any kind of journalistic award given out for online sites, I hope you are given worthy consideration.

Wish they did more of these throughout the year. Great perspective behind the scene. Probably hundreds of these stories out there that would be great to watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Finnfan25 View Post
    At the risk of being called a Ben Shelton fanboy, I still must admit how much I enjoy his Road to Eldora bits. This is exactly the kind of behind the scenes stuff I love watching, and I think Shelton does a masterful job leading the interview, asking exactly what I'd ask if I were standing there. His pieces on Jimmy Owens, Marlar and ESPECIALLY the Bloomquist videos last year were off the charts. I thought I knew a lot about Bloomquist's history, but seeing that tiny apartment he lived in for years was very surprising. Can't wait for more of these and not that the World 100 needs more hype, but these videos he's producing just add to the excitement and I hope he keeps them up in the future. KUDOS Ben Shelton, if there is any kind of journalistic award given out for online sites, I hope you are given worthy consideration.
    I have to agree 100%. Id like to see him do this more and less announcing. The video with Marshall Green is freaking amazing! Love the piston story! I was there that day and thought for sure it would burn all the oil out of the engine!

I also agree! I love getting to know about the drivers and families! Marshall Green video was great, and my favorite so far was seeing Winger's home and mother's interview. Great job!

Agreed on all fronts, the backstories,drive ups,etc is what sets them them apart …….i love all of that every bit as much as the actual racing coverage.

In case someone hasn’t already said it, Mr Rigsby is a dirt track visionary and will land in the hall of fame one day……no doubt about it.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Ben is excellent. No doubt. And the girls like him 😜

BBQ
    Agree 100%
    We are blessed that he loves racing and left the tv news media to create DOD!
    The sad part: his new role with Flo- we don’t see him near as much. His side kick is as different as night/day. (Intentionally left name out)

I also agree! I love these interviews. He does great job.

Outstanding work...I have enjoyed everyone one of these videos going back to last season. As a fan it is nice to see the personalities behind our sport. I wish Ben would do these weekly throughout the season. On a side note, I have also enjoyed announcer Chet Christner's "First Look" segments when he shows various dirt tracks as he is driving up to see a track for the first time. Worth checking out on FLO.

I think it's awesome to see how these guys live outside the track. The shops are cool to see, and any of the stories that come with those segments are cool too.

It'll be hard to top Scotts interview from last year.

zyoung25 you can top it and that would be to visit Earls home at Eldora by the Front Pond and take a tour. Also maybe visit Terry Baltes and let him take a tour and show off some artifacts at Eldora.

Does Terry live in Earl’s old home or did it sell with the track?

That would be awesome!

Ben Shelton

If you read this thread. That has got to be some of the best video content in all of dirt track racing. Kudos to you and all the folks who helped put all this together over the last few years.

These are really good. Watching the one with Marshall Green and Capitol Race Cars. Kind of revealed a small secret unless you have watched that particular episode on a new driver in a Capitol Race Car starting at the Baltes Classic & World 100 weekend.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Agree with all posts.......Ben is the best at Flo for doing these type of interviews!

Swifty for the win!.....lol

Fox, by looking at the auditors site for darke county. If I am looking at it right, Earl's house did not go with the track. It was my understanding that when Tony bought the track, he got the eldora village and the campgrounds that were connected connected to the track itself.

I was always told Earl's house was the one that is near the old ghost mile. I could be wrong there though.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnfan25 View Post
    IF someone calls you a "Ben Shelton fanboy", it says a lot more about them than it does about you.

Excellent post by the way.
    Last edited by fryefan; 08-29-2022 at 09:17 PM.

Roger slack was living in the front house by the pond

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Ben is excellent. No doubt. And the girls like him 
    And what you like him Just kidding man lol

Yes I agree I like listening to these stories. Enjoyed the one with Roger Sellers tonight. I will have to go back and find the one of Marshall Green

It was Ostend August 25 -titled: “And so it begins.”